Nice Balance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Balance.

First off i don't mean this selfish as this is what i find.

I was thinking..this gen has a really nice balance.

Being a big FPS fan/console FPS the 360 is a must..but it doesn't stop there, it has other quality titles...plus gears!

The PS3...it is still slow but some of the games i have played are top draw with many more to come..I feel PS3 owners have much more to come.

The Wii..out there on its own because of the control system. Worth owning it to experience galaxy, plus of course Nintendo first party. Added bonus of wii-ware and the VC making any retro urge or indeed a big retro fan will find something to enjoy.

I really am finding..well if i had to justify owning all 3 consoles I can.

3 thumbs up!

PS3 - Ace hardware, reliable. 4 or 5 good games. Fairly priced downloads.

360 - Loads of top games, but lame hardware reliability and an even lamer pad, expensive downloads.

Wii - Just couldn't get on with it at all. No games that interest me. Any VC game I'd want is readily available as a free download for my PC or PSP. I really want to like it, the same way I tried with the N64 and Cube, but I feel Ninty has lost that spark they had with the FC and SFC

Handhelds:

DS - Again, had one, sold it. No software that apealed to me, despite trying to like it I just didn't find it comfortable to hold.

PSP - Only good for CFW and emulators

Comment

Surprised to see your opinion about the 360 pad, Superfamifreak - I thought it was regarded as one of the best ever.

Anyway

360 - best games so far, very poor downloads on the Japanese store at least.
      PS3 - some great games, including my favourite so far this generation (Minna no Golf)
      Wii - some great innovations - love Wii Sports and Mario Kart, but agree that some of the classic Nintendo feeling is missing,

Handhelds:

An absolutely great time to be a handheld gamer. The innovation of the DS and the unprecedented portable power of the PSP make cummutes an absolute joy. I prefer the PSP myself - better racing and sports games, but I can appreciate the quality of the DS too.

Comment

Working...
      X