Nintendo of Europe at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo of Europe at it again

We all know we get the shaft from NOE but here's a new one I found yesterday.

I noticed that my Wii balance board gets my weight wrong by more than a stone. I placed our scales on the carpet and sure enough they also get my weight wrong by the same amount. So, it's the thick carpet causing the problem. Quick net search reveals that all I need to do is fix the 'supplied' (who can see where this is going already?) extension feet to the bottom of the board. I get home and look for these 'supplied' feet. Nope, they're 'optional extras' for us. In < 24 hours Nintendo have robbed my of > 1000 Star Points and not given me 4 bits of plastic that the Americans get in the box. gits.

</rant>

Really? The Wii Balance board at work has little wobbly feet on it already. maybe you were just unlucky?

Comment

Couldn't you have just deducted a stone from what ever it told you?

Comment

Don't get me started on the feckin stars thing. Because of an error on their site, they wouldn't recognise my address, meaning I couldn't order anything (why not just let me decide where I bloody well live and not tell me it doesn't exist?!). I emailed them over that about six times, tried calling, only got a person once ever and they put me on hold and promptly cut me off. I'm half convinced that the only time I got connected, I had got a wrong number as I could never get them again.

Then several DS games wouldn't register for stars, saying the codes were wrong. They weren't.

And the address issue was never sorted so it didn't matter a damn anyway. So they can go stick their stars up their arse. Nintendo's customer service is utter ****e and I hope they all get mange.

Oh, I guess you did get me started on the stars...

Comment

They cost &#163;8.50 and take 2 weeks to arrive from Germany. Just spoke to a really rude idiot from Nintendo UK.

The board comes with little wobbly feet attached. It is sensors under these feet that do all the work. If you have thick carpet then you need thinner extensions to these feet that can dig in to the carpet and provide accurate, consistent measurements.

Herb, taking a stone off the reading doesn't work because depending on whereabouts on the carpet you place the board you get different readings e.g. Wii Fit reckoned I'd lost 10lbs in 1 day. I might just dump all my UK Nintendo kit and import everything.

Comment

fair enough then.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
              I might just dump all my UK Nintendo kit and import everything.
              That's what I recently did, and I'll never look back!

Comment

NintendLOL.

They obviously figured that Europeans have no carpets, seen as we all live in caves and feed off our young.

Comment

Yeah, I did read this in the instructions:

"Remove any animal carcasses and bones from the floor before placing the balance board down"

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbob View Post
                    NintendLOL.

They obviously figured that Europeans have no carpets, seen as we all live in caves and feed off our young.
                    They think we all have posh Scandanavian wood flooring and that amirite? I can't believe people still buy anything Nintendo-related here in the land. It may be convenient but it's a hell of a lot more expensive and most stuff is horribly delayed. I mean, Brawl only just came out over here, what's up with that? That's like four months or more isn't it?

Comment

To be honest, I'm surprised people havent ditched PAL Nintendo hardware already. I'll never look back since the US version of Smash Bros 64.

Comment

Is WiiFit even worth this hassle?

Comment

Nope, I sold mine a few hours ago. I'm not paying &#163;8.50 for 4 bits of plastic and waiting 2 weeks for them to come from Germany. I probably won't bother with another Wii of any kind actually. We have Singstar and will probably get guitar hero and Buzz. That's enough family fun I reckon. Wii Fit kept the family amused for a couple of days, no more. Looking back I didn't finish Galaxy or Corruption either yet I've finished loads of PS3 games.

<Vader>You have failed me for the last time NOE</>

Comment

Fullspecwarrior...

it's star points you buy them with. Not nintendo points.

1000 star points is what you'd get from registering your wii and wii fit anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X