Beta testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta testing?

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, so I've plonked it here.

I've just seen on Rllmuk that Sony are currently recruiting volunteers to take part in Beta Testing for forthcoming PS3 games & was wondering if anyone here had ever taken part before for Sony or other companies?

Not for Sony, but I've beta tested a few games. A couple of sort-of-but-not-really ones like Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and Metal Gear Online (those were more like glorified demos, because it was hardly like the games seemed especially unfinished and they didn't fix a lot beyond slight balance tweaking), and genuine beta tests like World of Warcraft and City of Heroes.

I signed up for that one last night. Hope it's something cool like LittleBigPlanet.

Comment

I do some beta testing for SCEE as well as full-time testing of titles to be released on Sony formats, first and third party.

Comment

I was a beta tester for Sony when they first launched the PS2 online service. To be honest, it was the only online gaming I ever did, because you had a guaranteed and set community of dedicated players, so there was a lot of camaraderie and you never ended up stuck in a game with morons or complete strangers.

I've never really clicked with online gaming out in the real world (with the exception of Hardware, loved that game)

Comment

Oh yeah, I was on the beta for Xbox Live. I can remember getting up early on the day the packs were being released online to make sure I got my order in, and for that first weekend I wasn't once called a faggot or various racial epithets. Feels like a dream when I think about it nowadays...

Comment

Sounds good. I went ahead & submitted my email address when I saw "You do not need to be technically minded" which I'm not.

Comment

It'll be sound. You've nothing to lose

Comment

I've been a Sony beta tester since the launch (May 03 iirc). There's definitely nothing to lose in being part of it & a fair bit to gain.

Comment

Just had a couple of email invites for a couple of things stating that I'm now a SCEE Beta tester.

It sounds like it's a for full Beta testing rather than just the Home Beta which contained different details in the invite.

Has anybody else had one and can they confirm that it's not just for Home?

I'm in work now but I'll check the site for further details tonight to see what the invites are for....LBP, LBP, LBP, LBP peerleease!!!

Comment

I think it may be confirmation from when you recently got into Home beta. But yeah, as more betas come about, you might get in before others.

I got the same email earlier, but I'm an uber tester already lol

Comment

I got the beta test email too

Comment

I got this email too

Comment

I got the beta network kit form sony back in the ps2 days i rember how cool it was testing socom amd socom 2 the game may not have been fantastic but the comunity was

go to the sony forums there is a dedicated beta forum you can then see how long its been since we got to test anything, maybe with this fresh batch of beta meat we will get something good to trial soon.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 27-08-2008, 12:30.

Comment

Strange, the email tells me that as well as the beta test I'm already in that I'll be notified of the upcoming tests when they are available to me.

the Home email stated that I only had access to the Home beta but the 2 emails I had today say they are for future betas.

EDIT:
                            Just had a PM from the official forum and I apparently now now have access to the Beta & Alpha test fotums in addition to the Home beta forum and other people who have had these have been given access to things like R2 today.

The people who have had them but not the Home beta confirmation still don't seem to have access to Home. Not sure why they've kept them seperate but I'll be checking for new stuff when I get home tonight.

EDIT 2:
                            Just checked the forum and they have changed my status from Member to Beta Trial Member so it does seem to have gone through fully now but I'll ask on there for confirmation.
                            Last edited by JP; 27-08-2008, 14:50.

Comment

Can confirm it 100% as I've just noticed that I have emails from Sony with download codes waiting for me!!

Comment

Working...
                              X