Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying stuff from VC using a US Wii in the UK

Hi Guys and Gals,

Sorry if this has been answered umpteen times but please be patient with me.

Basically, I have bought a US Wii and will be using it in the UK. I am currently in the US and can purchase Wii points here.

First of all, can I sign up to the VC in the US and download retro goodness from there? I want to do it this way as I want the full ntsc speed and no borders on the games. I have been told they remain on PAL retro stuff.

Secondly, if I buy Wii points in the UK, can they be used for US purchases or do I need to buy em from the US? For example I can get them from Walmart for $20.

Is there anything else I should be aware for when signing up to VC from the UK using a US Wii?

Thanks for any help,

emissary.

Uk wii points can't be used to buy vc games on a us wii.

However if you can get hold of us wii points you will have no problems buying stuff from the shopping channel once in the uk. I know some people on here were able to use a credit card to buy us wii points but i dont know how they did it but im sure someone will tellyou how.

I have a japanese wii & can purchase content from the shopping channel using my visa card.

Comment

Thanks for you reply importaku. I will purchase some points here then I think. By the way, for 2000 wii points, what can I buy? I mean like how much is an avergage game on nes, snes, n64 and turbografx?

The reason I ask is that I may get more than one unit of wii points.

Cheers

emissary

Comment

N64 games are 1000, 1200 for OOT. SNES are 800/900. NES 500 and TG are 600-700 I think.

Comment

When you're in the UK, you can buy Wii points by switching your country to Brazil. They just look for your post code, so you just put that in, use a UK credit card and all is fine. Then you can change your region back to US or whatever you want and buy what you'd like. But, while you're there, you may as well pick up the points.

But you shouldn't have any problems using the US VC from the UK as long as your Wii is from the US.

Comment

Basically, if you buy a US Wii, then all games and online stuff will be US, too. Your console's region determines what Wii shop you log in to.

I have bought three US 2000 Wii points card from eBay - it is much cheaper thanks to the exchange rate. For example, there is someone selling 2000 Wii points for $15 = ?7.24. If you ask the eBay member they may be willing to email the code to you, saving on postage. It's more hassle than using the Brazil CC method, though.

Comment

If you have a credit card you can buy US points by selecting Brazil as your country of residence, dunno how it works but it does

edit: Damn Dogg Thang beat me to it

Comment

You can buy points from places like Videogames Plus and they'll email you the code. It works out very slightly more expensive than buying through the machine itself but it's not much more and it's still cheaper than the same number of points bought in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  N64 games are 1000, 1200 for OOT. SNES are 800/900. NES 500 and TG are 600-700 I think.
                  You've listed Jap prices.

UK/USA are similar just no jumps for more popular titles (except imports)
                  NES/Master system games - 500
                  TG16 - 600
                  Snes/Megadrive games - 800
                  Neo Geo - 900
                  N64 - 1000

I have an American Wii in UK, I just borrow my sisters credit card (and give her the money for it), by setting my region to Brazil and sticking in normal postcode.
                  Alternatively you could buy some from www.videogamesplus.net and ask them to mail you the code (I think they probably do that anyway to save shipping)

Comment

ebay is easiest and cheapest. There are always 2000 points up for about $18

Comment

Brilliant, thanks guys I think I have it down now...I have been scouring the state of Texas for videogame bargains and have found some fantastic stuff..

Thanks again.

Comment

Game Points Now are selling US Wii points cards now.

Comment

Sorry for the bump...

Is it still the same..If i buy a US will and use it here (UK) it will sign into the US Shop?
                          (I have a UK wii but would like some US games without any mod..reason being..I'm rubbish with updates and stuff) and also for the US VC Stuff.

Can I use my UK Wii PSU on the US Wii...

Thank you

Comment

Yes for US shop and yes for PSU.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X