Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of getting rid of ALL of my Edges!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not sure about doing this, but I've got Edge issues 1 to current, and they're taking up loads of cupboard space in my old room at my mums house.

Should they stay?:
    Reasons for keeping them I suppose are obvious. They're a great reference for reviews and features and are basically the history of video games for the last 15 years! (plus some of those covers are really nice).

Should they go?:
    Should they? Well for starters my mum wants rid of 'em. I suppose I'd be happy(ish) to let them go to a new home. They just would take up too much room in the house to justify keeping them.

If anyone is interested in giving these babies (my babies sniff ) a new home and has the spare space for them, then please PM me to discuss the possibility of taking them off my hands. A nominal severance fee would be appreciated, but we could come to some arrangement i.e for a couple of old games maybe .

Oh yeah, I live in Wigan, and you'd have to pick them up - thanks.

Seal them, bury them and dig them up in thirty years time. Think of the nostalgia rush you'd have!

Comment

I feel your pain, I have exactly the same predicament, every issue, special and freebie for not only edge (with box folders of course) but Games TM and retro Gamer.

I never even look at them but how can I get rid ?

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
        I feel your pain, I have exactly the same predicament, every issue, special and freebie for not only edge (with box folders of course) but Games TM and retro Gamer.

I never even look at them but how can I get rid ?

have you seen the prices some of these magazines go for(esp retro gamer)think what you could buy with the cash

Comment

i get stupidly overpaid so the cash means nothing compared to their sentimental value !

Comment

yeah i understand what your saying,but if your not even looking at them then surely it would be better to sell them to someone who is going to read them,after all that what magazines and books are all about.

Comment

and think about how much it would cost to post them anywhere. What are they even worth?

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                yeah i understand what your saying,but if your not even looking at them then surely it would be better to sell them to someone who is going to read them,after all that what magazines and books are all about.
                not looking at them now (or ever actually) but know that the second they aren't there any more I will miss them and want them.

Comment

That's exactly what happened with me. I threw away a load of games magazines when I first moved out. I thought it was the right thing to do at the time but I soon regretted it. Now I'm never getting rid of any of them ever again. Even though they just sit there most of the time it's nice to look back at certain issues sometimes, especially if there's a game coming out that you hadn't noticed before. You can look back and find out about it, and Edge previews are much better than just searching online.

There can't be too many complete Edge collections out there, either.

Comment

I've got every issue of Edge plus all the 'specials' (Equip, Top 100 etc) on a bookshelf next to my bed & I occasionally look through the odd issue every now & again. Years ago I binned each issue once it was read & then before I knew it, I was buying issues off eBay. I've also got every issue of Retro Gamer on the same bookshelf & I'm always dipping in & out of them to re-read a particular feature etc. I also had the full set of gamesTM, but they had to go as space was/is in short supply. If you can, I'd say keep 'em.

Comment

Cool! I've always wanted to become a sphere!

Comment

I sold mine to my collection to my mate about a year ago. He went to australia traveling so i bought them all back. Just couldn't bare the thought of them being sold to someone else, sad i know, but theres alot of memories in those mags.

Comment

when i moved out my last flat (in preparation to move to Sweden) i had the same dilemma.

in the end i just binned them, they took up far too much space and 99% of the time just sat there and gathered dust. i don't regret it or miss them - they're only bits of paper.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Cool! I've always wanted to become a sphere!
                            Doesn't a sphere have an infinite amount of edges?

Comment

Infinite/nothing it's all the same in my world

Comment

Working...
                              X