Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection

Hi guys,

I need to pick the brains of someone who owns the US version of this. I bought a copy from ebay recently and I was expecting the games to be housed in some sort of cardboard outer sleeve but I didn't get one. The seller claims they just have a paper surround which he threw away, can this be right?

I was going to buy this a while back and did some reading up on it, as far as im aware they are supposed to come in their own case ala

of course i wouldnt take that as 100%, 100%, fact before leaving negative feedback, hopefully some more people will reply

Actually the link i got it from, the reviewer describes the 3 dvd cases so i guess it must come like that

Last edited by Largo; 20-07-2008, 14:47.

Comment

the 3 games do come in box, but i havent opened it yet so i dont know if its paper or cardboard, but i doubt its made of paper

Comment

In that link the reviewer says "For your $29.99 you get the best versions of all three Metal Gear Solid games and a cardboard box holder." but can someone who has the game confirm this before I leave negative feedback?

Comment

I can't confirm it first hand as I don't have it but this pic shows what the three cases are supposed to come in - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...collection.jpg

Comment

Hang on razzle think ive misunderstood your post, so you have the 3 games in the dvd cases, just no sort of binder? the cardboard bit that houses them? I get it now.
            Well i wouldnt worry really if you have the 3 dvd cases a-ok, perhaps just a neutral feedback or so

Comment

Also, what did the auction description/photo say about it?

Comment

Hi guys,

Here's a link to the auction.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on the guy but I just get the feeling he knows it should come with the cardboard sleeve and he's lying to me.

Comment

yeah razzle the games should be enclosed in a cardboard case,at least the ones i had were.I sold them a while back but they were defo in a cardboard case,hope this helps

Comment

Thanks garrz32, that's what I wanted to know

Comment

Yes it comes in a card slipcase. It's quite thin card, but it certainly isn't paper.

Here's a pic of mine:

Comment

He's listed it using the cardboard cover picture, and also describes it as being in perfect condition... personally, I'd have sent them back to him and asked for a refund. It depends how much it bothers you I guess.

Comment

It does bother me and I've asked for a refund but he wont give me one. I guess I'll just have to sell them on and leave some negative feedback.

Comment

He's obviously not going to give a refund unless you return the items to him, if that's what you meant.

It's worth raising it to a dispute as undescribed. If you're lucky, eBay will give you a refund.

Comment

You still have the games in the dvd cases tho? so whats the loss, id just chalk it up to experiance and not worry

Comment

Working...
                              X