Do you lend games to friends ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not.

Stems from my earlier youth when i used to lend out my Super Nintendo games, and the boxes/ cardboard inserts/ manual used to get trashed and dog eared.

Even now when my closest mates ask, i decline. Since i know how they treat their games e.g. using their sleeve to clean a disc, or leaving the disc on top of the console/ tabletop without putting it back in the case, or not holding the disc properly and getting fat-ass fingerprints on the readable side

When they ask "why don't i lend it to them?"
    i just say "i just don't"

As another poster mentioned beforehand.
    I bought these games with my own money, and i do not want to see my invetment devalued by their cack handedness.
    Just because i buy videogames frequently (moreso than my mates do) does not equate to me being a free videogames rental store.

You guys can call it selfishness, but i've been burnt in the past enough.
    It's like what Dazzyman said:
    Originally posted by Dazzyman
    the so called neighbours and "friends" that turn around and say it was like that what when I got it what pee me off.
    It's situations like this that i want to avoid with friends. The only way for that to happen, is not to lend in the first place.

Comment

No because I don't trust my mates to keep my games in good nick. They can afford to buy their own if they really wanna play X game anyway :P

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Dazzyman, although you've been stung on a few instances, I like the way you've still got faith in the human race and still take a chance on people! I'm sure having been through what you've been through, you realise that it's just stuff at the end of the day and some things in life are more important.

I'm still flabbergasted that you come across so many douchebags though! I can't believe people would take advantage of you having memory troubles after being in a coma.

Having said that, you still owe me £20, or did you forget...

Back on topic: Lend away, but only to trusted sources! If you don't trust others, they won't trust you. I forgot to ask my chum to borrow his Wii while he's on holiday but we've got a break it/replace it policy going.
        I will give you it back when I get paid m8 You always find out who your friends are when you lend em stuff same with neighbours etc.. Ive had em lie to me over and over. Same bloke that shafted me in coma had another "friend" who travelled over 400miles to see me the week we moved to dorset to borrow a load of my usa dvds (dvd had been out only a few months). House was a tip with boxes so couldnt say no really took months to get em back from him and I thought a serious cheek to turn up like that weird thing is he got em and went back home within the hour. The so called m8 with coma incident anted to buy my Saturn kept nagging me over and over so I sent it back with our mutual friend for £120. Now this was mint jpn switched saturn and came with metal slug 1, radient silvergun few others like mvc with the kart it was a bargin but I did it for that price as I thought he was a good friend. I checked it all worked fine and off he went with it. Now the twat got it and all of a sudden he said he couldnt afford it so I said no worries pay me when you can then he turned around and said it was broken when he tried it so I said ok send it back and he never did. Then I said forget the machine just send the games back if its broken or buy them. I knew how much RS was worth and so did he but at the time I thought I was helping a best friend out. I kept asking him to send it back or give us the money and then eventually he came back with the crap that his girfriend ran off with it when she dumped him (to my reply of why run off with a broken machine?). So I told him he had to buy me another RS and pretty much gave up with him (it took ages this sort of came to a head same time as coma). I bought one second hand off a forum with the game and same week he "found it" and sent it and it had been played to death and used as a coaster scatched to death. Few other things happened as well and I just found out he was a user lets face it if you lie over and over you catch yourself out as you forget.

I know how well I keep my games because 2nd hand shops used to be able to sell em as new lol

Now when people ask me like neighbours and friends I turn around to them and say nope that BR/DVD/Game wont work on your machine as its an import so it cuts em dead.
        Last edited by Guest; 22-07-2008, 15:53.

Comment

Usually not for the reasons mentioned... especially not getting them back in the condition I lent them out in.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
          X