Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal problems - help needed

Hi guys,

Some of you may have seen my post over on rllmuk but I haven't had any joy over there so I thought I'd try begging for help here as well

Following on from my metal gear thread (when will I learn not to use Ebay!)

I bought a few PS2 games on ebay and when they arrived it turns out they're copies from Thailand (the seller is UK). I opened a dispute with paypal but the seller was being unreasonable and refused a full refund so I escalated to a claim.

I got this email from paypal today

In order to continue with our investigation, we request documentation to
    support your claim that the item is not authentic. Please obtain a document
    from an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer, appraiser, or another
    individual or organisation that is qualified in the area of the item in
    question (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as not
    authentic. If possible, the document should include a serial number and
    description of the item and must be on letterhead paper that includes the
    name, address, and phone number of the individual, business, or
    organisation so that PayPal may contact them if necessary.

To help us resolve this matter promptly, we request that you provide some
    documentation to support your claim.

Submit supporting documentation via our Resolution Centre. You can do this
    by following these steps:

1. Click "Resolve Complaint."
    2. Select the button to provide the documentation and click "Continue."
    3. Select a method to submit your documentation.

Alternatively you can fax supporting documentation to PayPal at 08707 303
    196. Please include a cover sheet with your fax that includes the primary
    email address registered on your PayPal account and the ID number of the
    claim (PP-XXXXXXXX). This will allow us to attach the document to the
    claim as quickly as possible.

Please ensure we receive your fax documentation within the next ten days.
    Your claim will be cancelled if we do not receive your fax documentation
    within this time. We cannot grant extensions to this.

I'm hoping one of the mods on here will take pity on me and agree to fax paypal a letter?

Or is there anyone who works for a games company/magazine/retail outlet help me out with a letter?

I'm happy to do the leg work, write something, post pictures of the games, send some money via paypal to cover postage costs, I just need a third party. I don't want the seller to get away with being completely unreasonable.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

You could try a Sony Centre if there's one local?

Comment

Actually you don't need to fax them. There is an email address you can use to just tell them why you know it's fake/not as described.

Edit: It's [email protected]

Just be sure to put the case number as the title ("PP-XXX-XXX-XXX")
        Last edited by 12-51-00; 22-07-2008, 15:16.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
          You could try a Sony Centre if there's one local?
          That's a good idea! There's one in the town and they seem like good guys. I might try that

Comment

While you're at it, report the seller to ELSPA Anti Piracy - it does help in getting rid of pirate sellers, trust me. The form is easy to fill out:

elspa.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, elspa.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

They will obtain the seller details off eBay/PayPal and investigate them, and they are very good at dealing with these Asian piracy rings.

Comment

Sorry m8 I thought your dispute was about MGS thats why posted some links to show it has a box lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                Sorry m8 I thought your dispute was about MGS thats why posted some links to show it has a box lol
                Thanks Dazzyman, I appreciated the thought

Comment

Nice one, I'll do that as well.

Originally posted by Profit View Post
                  While you're at it, report the seller to ELSPA Anti Piracy - it does help in getting rid of pirate sellers, trust me. The form is easy to fill out:

elspa.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, elspa.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

They will obtain the seller details off eBay/PayPal and investigate them, and they are very good at dealing with these Asian piracy rings.

Comment

Paypal are responding to all claims regarding fake goods now - a colleague at work and a similiar email when he bought a dodgy usb stick. Basically their attempt to get you to do their work for them. Trading Standards might be able to help.

Comment

A simple telephone call to PayPal might be worth considering. I had to escalate a dispute earlier this year and found my browser simply wouldn't allow me to do it online. Once I'd found the customer support number I used that and was dealt with very quickly and efficiently once I'd got through their voice controlled menus.

Providing proof that the games are fake sounds more than a bit of a hassle though. Who the hell is officially qualified enough to provide acceptable proof? I can't imagine anyone at my local Sony Centre or any high street games retailer would want to get involved in such a case. Trading Standards is the only option - good luck getting a convenient appointment.

If you have the facilities sending photos of the fake games to PayPal would seem the only real option.

If I had something like this happen I'd just try quoting distance selling regulations. Last time I looked them up it stated that you have a right to return goods (in their original condition) at any time up to 7 days after receipt for whatever reason. Even with the time that must have now elapsed if you have proof (e-mails) that the guy refused to accept the games' return and provide you with a refund during that 7 day period I would have thought that should be enough for PayPal to act on irrespective of whether the games are fake or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X