No announcement yet.

DC Universe Online [PC/PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got emailed a code from the site, may give it a go whilst it's free.
    Would be my first MMO experience.

Comment

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Trophy list and release details, UK pricing to be nailed but effectively it's:

Friday 14 January 2011
      ?39.99 with 1 month subscription free
      ?9.99 per month subscription charge
      ?130 lifetime subscription charge

What it effectively means is that the beta likely doesn't dither much from the final game and I'm now really unsure. It's nice that it's out so soon and my pre-order is for ?30 but realistically I'm never going to pay ?10 a month to play it online and by the time it's been patched and improved there'll be other alternatives. Great news for fans though.

Comment

Still no UK pricing but the ?9:99 sounds about right.

Originally posted by PlayStation Blog
        It?s gone gold!

We can now confirm the DC Universe Online is in production and winging your way (perhaps a little bit sooner than you thought it would?). Here are the release dates:

PS3 & PC versions:
        • 14th January 2011: UK & Ireland
        • 12th January 2011: Rest of PAL

And both versions come complete with a 30 day subscription key.

• 1 Month ? ?12.99
        • 3 Month ? ?34.99
        • 6 Month ? ?64.99
        • 12 Month ? ?124.99 (Available on PC only)
        • Lifetime Subscription ? ?179.99 (Available on PC only)

PC fans can also download the PC version from Station, Steam and IGN D2D.

Comment

?9.99 is confirmed in the comments, and ?1 more than WoW isn't right. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Also from the comments:
          • No shared accounts, PS3 and PC completely separate
          • Currently no long term PS3 subscription schemes because the cost exceeds the maximum PSN wallet size

Comment

To me this is nowhere near ready , as the beta keeps freezing and the camera is very erratic , looks like you'l be paying for a pre alpha code game , which im not prepared to do.

Comment

This was scheduled to be released at the end of this year and after playing the beta, I didn't see how they thought they could do that with the state it is in. Jan 12th is way too soon, unless they have a different build of the game for launch. £9.99/m is too much also.
              Last edited by Adam; 21-12-2010, 21:49.

Comment

I've decided I'm gonna follow this but cancel my order, the cost and other releases out weigh what the Beta suggests

Comment

As much as i have enjoyed the Beta, i just cant bring myself to pay for the game if its still in a similar state. I think id prefer to go back to WoW if i was going to pay for an MMO again (killed the Lichking on 25 man and havent been back)

Also a ?1.00 more isnt much, but this game isnt half the size of WoW or Lotro.

Think ill just wait this out, and see what happens with the final game and reviews etc.

Comment

IGN are doing a proper rolling review of this. Nice.

Comment

This is the first time I've ever played an MMO I'm really enjoying it!

I can see the danger that I've always suspected with these types of games - I was up till 3 o clock this morning playing it! The character creation is immense and the world of DC is wonderfully realised. I don't know whether I'll be continuing over the 30 day trial (which is incredibly tight considering I paid £30+ for a game that you can't even play offline after it expires.)

If anyone is up for some Duo play my PSN is CAMBULL. Anyway back to Gotham, Rick Lingpiece must save the day!

Comment

What are the payment options for the sub? Can you use playstation vouchers?

Had a little search - seems it takes from the psn wallet
                        Last edited by huxley; 15-01-2011, 11:09.

Comment

I'll be using the prepaid cards then I can stop whenever I feel like it.

This game is just so good I've never played an MMO before though, so it maybe a honeymoon period.

Comment

How big is the initial update download? Hearing it might be 13 gig, and that's not that far off my weekly bandwidth limit...

Comment

Afaik it's 11gb for the initial install and 2gb for the update.

Comment

For people who want an MMORPG on their PS3 but aren't interested in this Sony have given details on others that are on the way.
                                • Free Realms - In submission with SCEA. SCEA release in Feb/March, SCEE regions shortly after.
                                • The Agency - Winter 2011.
                                • Planetside NEXT (working title) - ?
                                • EverQuest 3 - ?

Comment

Working...
                                X