No announcement yet.

Flashback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashback! ....God i hated that game! ft: It was so frustrating! It was like torture for me, i gave up on it very quickly. If you ever wanted to inflict mental torture on me, just make me play THAT game!! No please don't......aaghhhhh!!!

Comment

I have to admit i havent really played this game much beyond the being round at friends house watching thing.Theres been a few times i coulda picked this up, but i wasnt really impressed with its first impressions

Comment

Other than almost launching my MD out the window when I couldn't work out how to disarm the bomb/turn off the reactor in the second level, this was a top top top game

I loved the cut scenes too, though they must look horrendous these days

The character animation, especially the aliens when they went blobby, was marvellous for the time. They used rotoscoping didn't they ( though probably not for the aliens... )

Comment

Originally posted by mid
          Curiously, Another World is the only game, to this day, that I've ever completed from start to finish on release day. Either thats because its just that good, or its not quite as difficult as some.
          I thought that Another World was rock hard. I've finished it numerous times before. I still can't breeze through it though. Oh, for all you Another World fans out there after more of a challenge, try the 3DO version. The graphics are slightly improved and the game seems to run at a faster speed.

Comment

Growing up on a diet of mainly console games, Megadrive Flashback was somewhat a breath of fresh air for me. The world seemed believable and full of integrity. especially the second level. The idea of getting a job to pay for the ticket was something altogether new for me: Games I had played up to then would've taken me directly from one job to another, but the idea of having to log in and out to finish jobs combined with the seemingly trivial nature of some of the earlier issions (delivering packages, etc.) kept everything in perspective in this rock solid world presented before me.

Animation was slick as, graphics were smooth as silk. The AI was technically quite rudimentary but was a joy to exploit through a whole host of possible strategies ranging from simple distraction to throwing rocks at sensors in order to set off sentry guns which would shoot guards for you. a thoroughly satisfying puzzler in many respects.

Unfortunately my interest in the game waned once the game reached earth as the shift moved more towards frenetic combat whereas I was more into the puzzles that you sit by for a while as you plan the next decisive move. A very respectably fine game, nevertheless.

Comment

hehe Another World, the only game your character can die from a scratched knee

Comment

...And one of the few games to feature a ginger haired lead character.

Comment

As a one-time fan of Prince of Persia, I gyrated with excitement at the arrival of Flashback. It was one of the few games to feature a realistic style and semi-adult storyline on the 16-bit consoles. The cutscenes were hugely impressive back in the day, and the game had a surprising amount of depth alongside its platform, puzzle game front-end.

It was also hard as reinforced nails.

I have been searching for the slightly improved 3DO/Mega-CD version for years without any success. One day, it will be mine.

And whatever happened to Delphine?

Comment

Yes flashback was very kool, although I never progressed to the second level despite clocking the first coz my older borother had bought the pirated version from a car boot sale and the 2nd disk was dodgy

Now its easily downloadable from the net to play in any snes/MD emu but the magic is just not there as it was 8-9 years ago playing it on my Amiga 600.

Comment

Working...
                    X