E192 Scores - Trigger Happy Returns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Hang on! 13 posts in and not a single post about how bad some of the scores are. What's going on?
    There doesn't appear to be anything controversial in this issue. Except maybe Guitar Hero but I've not played that yet.

We should probably pretend that they've just given 6/10 to Halo 4, otherwise this thread may not even reach 100 posts of moaning!

I want Braid so much. Why does seven days take so long?

Comment

So why is nobody talking about the backpage?

A play around with the gammer

I've not grabbed Edge yet. Is this the work of the evil photoshop or do I have reason to be happy?

Comment

It's fake

Comment

Yeah just found out reading our very own retro forum. Ah well.

Comment

Shenmue 3! wow I hope there is truth but it is hard for me to believe..

Comment

Wow, Braid seems to be a nice surprise: its look reminds me a bit of Rick Dangerous 2...

Good to see they also gave good score to Soul Calibur and Bionic Commando.

Comment

Can anyone post up the internet game of the month please ? Looked interesting, though i'd give it a bash today but forgot the URL.

Ta

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                  Can anyone post up the internet game of the month please ? Looked interesting, though i'd give it a bash today but forgot the URL.

Ta
                  Open Doors:

Simply move the square to the X. Moving through lots of doors along the way.

Comment

First time I have bought Edge for and wikl be the last.

Review of Siren on PS3, talk about lazy. It states the game should last about 8 hours assuming the content remains in keeping with the ealry chapters (or word to that effect). Point is, they give it a review score and clear;y played less then half the sodding game!!

Eidos man is right!

If they want to held up as the pinnacle of gaming journalim they shoudl at least play the games all the way through !!!!!

I could understand if it was a 100 hours+ plus game, but if it is only 8 hours, why couldn;t they complete it?

tossers

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post

Review of Siren on PS3, talk about lazy. It states the game should last about 8 hours assuming the content remains in keeping with the ealry chapters (or word to that effect). Point is, they give it a review score and clear;y played less then half the sodding game!!

Eidos man is right!

If they want to held up as the pinnacle of gaming journalim they shoudl at least play the games all the way through !!!!!

I could understand if it was a 100 hours+ plus game, but if it is only 8 hours, why couldn;t they complete it?

tossers
                      They probably didn't have the skill to complete it

Because the magazine is run by noobs that think they know everything about games but actually know sod all & just make up for it by using their english degrees & a huge dictionary to make it sound like they do.

More like the pinnacle of "up yer own arse" journalism.

Comment

That's IT! I'm cancelling my subscription!

Can't believe we're three pages in and I'm the first to say that

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          They probably didn't have the skill to complete it

Because the magazine is run by noobs that think they know everything about games but actually know sod all & just make up for it by using their english degrees & a huge dictionary to make it sound like they do.

More like the pinnacle of "up yer own arse" journalism.
                          Perfectly put sir!

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post

Eidos man is right!

tossers
                            They're estimating the length because it's an episodic game and their review code only had the first three episodes on it.

It does raise some interesting questions about how episodic content should be reviewed though.

Do you review the first, knowing that each will basically play the same?

Do you review every single episode as it is released, risking repeating the same criticisms each time?

Or do you wait for the inevitable box set to be released and review the whole thing at once several weeks/months down the line?

Comment

Well said Kaladron. And they're you rival mag'.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                                Well said Kaladron. And they're you rival mag'.
                                And I probably shouldn't be defending them but it's sometimes hard to sit by and watch other mags take unfair criticism when you can identify with their concerns.

Comment

Working...
                                X