Fantastic Contraption - Nice flash game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic Contraption - Nice flash game

lovely flash based physics game, just frittered away a couple of hours on this

Nice find, I'm on stage 13 the Big Ball. Sometimes think even though there's usually a logical way to beat each level, you can just build a pile of **** and it'll still get you the win

Comment

thank christ for that, was losing faith in people on here with all the views and no comments !

this really is a stunning game, its no so much about finishing a level but what you can build with only 5 or 6 different simple types of part. you can build catapults, trebuchets, launchers, trains, off road walkers. MMany games keep adding more types of tool and I get bored/confused. This is a real master class in simple design done well

once you complete a level you can view other peoples creations and the creativity on display is amazing.

for a flash game this is such a polished sandbox, I just love simple ideas (with underlying complexity) perfectly executed and this is deffo one of those.
      Last edited by merf; 08-08-2008, 06:47.

Comment

that's pretty cool, I got to up the stairs and got stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
          once you complete a level you can view other peoples creations and the creativity on display is amazing.
          haha, some of them are truly nuts.
          Check out this one: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=315395

The most impressive thing about this game is the backend stuff they've implemented to track levels and replays. Very nice little game

Edit: I demand a Wiiware release!
          Last edited by Tig; 09-08-2008, 00:54.

Comment

the whole game is executed with more polish and thought than most xbla or psn games i've played. The backend which tracks your user id (you can have one for free) and levels is very nicely done.

once you pay the bargain $10 you also open up a level editor and the ability to play other user created levels.

we have put quite a few hours in (at work) on this and the simplicity of the building bricks with only 2 tyoes of rod and 3 types of wheel actually gets you thinking of solutions and you actually learn how to get more complex, especially once you have solved a level and can see different approaches.

its always grating when you have built some ugly 20 wheel monster with 15 rods to solve a level and somebody has done it in 3 bits in a totally different way.

I'll say it again, stunning game.

Comment

Spent a good 20 minutes doing this one getting closer and closer all the time

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=322605

Comment

Another one:

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=322790

This one has a great "yeah" moment when it overcomes the weight and powers through.

Best game eva!

Comment

I'm terrible at it, but I cannot stop playing.

I guess that is the sign of a good game

Comment

Big Ball is busting mine! I just can't do it. i thought I had it figured out and I changed a tiny little thing and broke it! nooooo

Comment

you need to use some logic on big ball, there are several ways to do it

this is mine and quite an elegant solution if i do say so myself

An online flash puzzle game where you build whimsical machines to solve each level. Save your contraptions and share them with your friends. Free!

Comment

http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=315395
                        that link takes me to a different level with lots of shapes and stuff not big ball

Comment

http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=315395
                          I did it in the end, managed to get under it a bit and Sussed it from there.

Comment

An online flash puzzle game where you build whimsical machines to solve each level. Save your contraptions and share them with your friends. Free!

my bad, try this bad boy

Comment

I'm addicted

damn this game

Comment

Working...
                              X