Did anyone watch CGS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone watch CGS?

I don't know if I'm a bit late on this but I've been watching the Championship Gaming Series World finals for the last few days (they were on my Sky+ but they can only have been recorded no more than a week ago). The games are DOA4 (Male and Female) , Fifa, Forza Motorsport, and CounterStike. I really enjoyed it.
    Dead or Alive 4 was especially good to watch. It even made me want to have a go - since I've always liked the DOA games. I gather to be a Pro-Gamer you need to do LOADS of practice. I could imagine this might suck the fun out of it a bit. Being part of a team and going out on the raz after a match would be good though (+ travelling the world).
    I also enjoyed CounterStrike. Fifa was a bit boring to watch (the trouble is that it is too close to real football, rather than a videogame). Forza was ok, but it was all about who could push the other drivers off the track, and get enough of a lead to avoid being pushed off the track themselves.
    What did everyone else think? Overall I thought it was pretty good. Apparently it has got fairly high ratings in the States.

Weren't SkyOne showing this? I saw a Fifa match and that was it.

I would've liked to have seen Counter-Strike matches. That's a proper professionals game.

Comment

I caught the end when they were playing forza 2. But that was just who could ram the other one off the track. No skill involved what so ever. On seeing this I didnt bother watching any of the re runs if this is how they are doing things!

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
        I would've liked to have seen Counter-Strike matches. That's a proper professionals game.
        They showed all the games on the programs I watched. Maybe you saw the highlights or something. Counter-Strike is a big part of the show.
        Forza wasn't too bad - there is some skill and guessing involved in barging people off the road. E.g you can slow at the start and avoid any mayhem, thus getting into the lead. Also it is possible to dodge a barge. A couple of races I saw were quite exciting. Only problem is - you are right - you don't get to see any proper racing - which is a shame.
        All the games were on the XB360 except Counter-Strike which was on Dell computers. (Why is this? is the Xbox version not very good?)

Comment

Never watched it but shouldnt racing be time trials? With ghosts for people watching at home.

Comment

I watched one episode and it was very dull indeed. Not much skill on show at all. Counterstrike especially was very meh.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz909 View Post
              All the games were on the XB360 except Counter-Strike which was on Dell computers. (Why is this? is the Xbox version not very good?)
              I take it they were playing Counter Strike: Source. In which case, no; the xbox version of Counter Strike the original isn't as good.

Comment

Working...
              X