Japanese DS games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese DS games

I am on the look out for a couple of new Japan only DS games.

I am after something that is not text heavy (playable with no Japanese knowledge) and fun.

I like puzzle games, music games, platformers and shooters mainly but am open to anything.

Grateful for any suggestions.

A new Stafy game just came out that looks good.

The two Ouendan games aren't new, but are definitely worth checking out.

Comment

oh oh i second ouendan! fantastic game (not played the second yet but looking forward to it). quite a few other such japan exclusive rythm games too like taiko no tatsujin and band bros. check out this thread (not jp exclusive but should give you some ideas. specifically this post.

also jump super/ultimate stars are great. text heavy in places but you can just skip over it and check a guide for the win conditions in the single player.

Comment

Mag adventure?

Comment

Should have mentioned.

I have Mag Adventure, Ouendan 1 and 2, and Taiko no Tatsujin 1 as well as Rhythm Tengoku.

Will lok into Jump though thought they were ment to be quite text heavy.

Comment

Suujin taisen is a pretty good puzzle game & not to hard to learn to play. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes pretty addictive.

First play info here
            Last edited by importaku; 17-08-2008, 17:33.

Comment

Cheers thats the sort of thing i am looking for

Anything else i can add to my list? See if i can find a cheap copy on ebay.
              Last edited by The Mole; 17-08-2008, 18:41.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole View Post
                Will lok into Jump though thought they were ment to be quite text heavy.
                yeah it is but nothing you need to know, just skip through it all. for match win conditions and stuff use something like this

Comment

Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou (Arino's Challenge) is sweet. It's a retro compliation of sorts, except all the games you play are made-up pastiches or parodies of old Famicom / NES games. You get given simple challenges to complete within the games (reach a certain stage, gain a score, find an item etc) and when you complete them all you unlock that game in free play mode as well as unlocking a new game. There's a Galaxians clone, a scrolling shooter, some platformers, an RPG, a racing game similar to RC Pro Am, etc. It's great fun. The games aren't like 'mini-games' either but full titles in their own right, which offers great replay value when you unlock them in free play.

Comment

How about Slitherlink, Theta, Touch Panic & Loopop Cube: Lup * Salad DS - all cracking puzzlers.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                      Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou (Arino's Challenge) is sweet. It's a retro compliation of sorts, except all the games you play are made-up pastiches or parodies of old Famicom / NES games. You get given simple challenges to complete within the games (reach a certain stage, gain a score, find an item etc) and when you complete them all you unlock that game in free play mode as well as unlocking a new game. There's a Galaxians clone, a scrolling shooter, some platformers, an RPG, a racing game similar to RC Pro Am, etc. It's great fun. The games aren't like 'mini-games' either but full titles in their own right, which offers great replay value when you unlock them in free play.
                      This is getting a release in English, so I'd hold off on the Japanese version

Comment

Working...
                      X