Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ninja Gaiden Black removed from Xbox originals list, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Gaiden Black removed from Xbox originals list, why?

Just recovered my gamertag onto a new 360 after selling the old one last month, have not been online for no longer than 4 weeks and in my time away it appears Ninja Gaiden Black has been removed from the list of available xbox originals. It no longer appears anywhere on marketplace or anywhere on my download history which is annoying as ive just sold Ninja Gaiden Sigma because i thought it be able to re-download this as easily as i have all my Live arcade games!

Done a bit of google sniffing and can't seem to find anything on its removal would anyone be able to shed any light??

James

No idea really, but I do know that there are a number of marketplaces where the game is not available (either unrated or banned). Perhaps it has been too easy for those marketplaces to aquire the game and MS have pulled the plug?

Comment

Just had a check for you and it has been removed from the European XBL. I also logged into my US account, though, and it is present there.

AFAIK, the Xbox Originals are region-locked...?

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
        AFAIK, the Xbox Originals are region-locked...?
        There is at least some level of IP checking that stops you even downloading it if you are out of the region.

The game is unrated in NZ and Australia and the IP checking has prevented us from getting it from other markets. But this may have been circumvented, hence my earlier speculation.

As for traditional region locking, I'd imagine that MS would honour the region coding on the game and treat it like a disc. They wouldn't want to upset publishers that opted for the region coding when the game was disc-based.

Comment

So what happens If you bought this from the marketplace when it was available and you need to re-download it at a later date but you can't?

Would MS refund your 1000ms points?

Comment

I'd imagine it would still be there for those that need it (like the delisted XBLA titles).

Something just dawned on me. If this was on the European marketplace, what stopped Germans from downloading it?

Comment

Originally posted by spinpug666 View Post
              So what happens If you bought this from the marketplace when it was available and you need to re-download it at a later date but you can't?

Would MS refund your 1000ms points?
              This was why i originally asked on here mate, got rid of old xbox and deleted everything, literally 10 days later got a new one and in that time it had gone, anyone got any ideas what to do should i try pestering microsoft? Because at the end of the day ive paid 1200 ms points for something i dont have

Comment

I'd give MS customer support a ring (it's a free phone number). I found them very helpful and was refunded points when I had an issue with something I'd downloaded.

Comment

Is it not still on your download history?

It's under the Marketplace blade somewhere.

Comment

No it's not im afraid, one of the first things i checked, very strange indeed

Comment

if you can find someone on here who has ngb, they can recommend it to you, then you should be able to download it. Sadly I don't have it myself so I'm no good to you there.

Comment

I have it if that helps.

GT: GKBowser

Comment

Originally posted by Great King Bowser View Post
                          I have it if that helps.

GT: GKBowser
                          Cheers mate i'll add you next time im on live

Comment

No problem. This thread reminded me to restart Black on Ninja Dog mode because i'm rubbish...

Comment

Working...
                            X