Why buy official magazines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seibu
    My housemate got the official PS2 magazine a few months ago. What annoyed me most was the feeling that a lot of the reviewers knew a lot less about gaming history than myself - it was littered with inaccuracies. And why do so many games journos insist on referring to the 16-bit (and UK console 8-bit) era as having taken place in the '80s?
    Your right mate. It annoys me when game journos always state the SuperFamicom as being launched in 1989 and the Amiga being a big computer of the Nineties when it was dead by 1993.

They make so many mistakes, it is either too much booze or they actually don`t know much about the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
      Yep, back in the latter half of the '80s I was only found leaving the safety of my Amiga 500 to laugh at the pitiful attempts at graphics the NES had to offer, once it finally made it to the UK.
      Its a shame the NES had far more playable quality games. The Amiga had a few nice titles but as my disk-box proved, it had a hell of a lot of rubbish.

Comment

Thats absolutely true, but you try telling 14-year-old me that the average NES game was worth the huge prices they were when I was too busy playing the likes of Shadow Of The Beast to notice...

Comment

Working...
        X