Strong bad's Cool game - 4
    Siren Ep 4-12 - 8
    Ratchet and Clant Quest for Booty - 8
    Metal Slug 7 - 6
    Rhythm Tengoku Gold - 7
    Civ Rev (DS) - 7

Time Extend - Pikmin
    Making Of - Narc

Huge 60 page section on gaming industry jobs/developer interviews.
    Last edited by Mad Gear; 24-08-2008, 12:32.

Nice. I'll be picking that up ASAP... Nothing there I'd disagree with or that outright shocks me, though the Clear Sky score is interesting given their previews didn't seem too enthusiastic. Good to see the PixelJunk Eden and Siren scores.

Comment

Wario Land only got a 6? Thats pretty dissapointing, what did they say?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
        Wario Land only got a 6? Thats pretty dissapointing, what did they say?
        Poor structure and replaying levels to satisfy bonus objectives seem to be the main gripes.

Comment

6 for Too Human thats a good score with all the ranting on the net lol

Comment

I can see that cover looking extremely retro in the back issue pages of the future. Particularly like the use of 'modern grafx' and the little special report sticker.

Not at all surprised by the score for Too Human. Love Silicon Knights, but the demo was BORING!

Comment

Damn, no Infinite Undiscovery score. I'll just have to pick it up and see, I guess.

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
              I can see that cover looking extremely retro in the back issue pages of the future. Particularly like the use of 'modern grafx' and the little special report sticker.
              Oh, and agree about the cover.

Comment

[QUOTE

Making Of - Narc (hooray)!

Huge 60 page section on gaming industry jobs/developer interviews - christ not again

Comment

And shame about Space Siege. They were always so positive about the dungeon guise of it.

Comment

Wario a 6 ??? WTF its one of the best games on Wii Its a worth 8 maybe even more.

As for Metal Slug, i enjoyed it far more than i did Rhythm Tengoku Gold which i found dull and boring (and i usually love these qwirky Japanese games).
                    Last edited by The Mole; 25-08-2008, 22:47.

Comment

I'm more suprised that R&C: QFB got an 8. Its more of the same with lil story and 4hrs playtime.

Comment

Got this through the post this morning. It's a right little fatty! 192 pages (or there abouts); unfortunately this is largely down to the 'get a job' feature and yet another 'region specific'.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole View Post
                          Wario a 6 ??? WTF its one of the best games on Wii Its a worth 8 maybe even more..
                          Oooh is it out already? It's one I was really looking forward to.

Comment

Is there some sort of problem with with Edge and WHSmiths? Only that I've not been able to find the past few issues in the Hitchin or Luton branches (even the airport). It just seems they're not stocking it... Anyone know what's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
                              Oooh is it out already? It's one I was really looking forward to.
                              I played through the Japanese version and have to say its personally my most enjoyable single player Wii experience. I have never been very into 3D platformers and even though i could see the greatness in Mario Galaxy i am a 2D gamer at heart.

This game has a lot to offer and follows a quite standard format but with a unique style. I feel the reviewer should be sacked for that WRONG score (yes its personal opinion, but if he is unable to spot a 6/10 game from an 8/10 game then does not deserve his job). The game offers about 8-10 hours play from end to end going through all the secret levels also. But their is so many reasons to revisit levels which i would say extend the lifespan to an easy 16-20 hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X