DMC3:SE or DMC4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMC3:SE or DMC4?

What's the better game please folks? I'll prolly just play through once mind. I'm not going for massive scores or anything like that.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

I've finished DMC4, but only about 10-20% of DMC3, however I preferred DMC4.
    I found DMC3 a little too dark in theme and also the stages (at the beginning anyway) for my liking.

Comment

DMC4 for me.

Couldn't you have just asked this in the first play of DMC4?

Comment

Dante > Nero. So I'd say DMC3:SE. This game provides a great challenge and represents Dante at his peak. I also think the game is more refined, too.

Yes, Dante features in DMC4 but he was butchered in that game. DMC4 is Nero's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
          Couldn't you have just asked this in the first play of DMC4?
          I could have but I wanted more views, and quickly. I'm gong to buy either one soon you see.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

3:SE is a far, far better game than DMC4 once you can play at a high level. Offers a lot more freedom in your play to really go all out. DMC4 was toned down a little.

Comment

Yers, but as a casual player which will I have more fun with? This is what I am trying to find out.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

If your a casual player and doesn't like to get frustrated pick up DMC4. IMO DMC3 is still the best in the series. it's just 10x harder and Dante is much better in it.

Comment

Their different games really same mechanics but DMC3 is miles deeper. DMC3 is best one. 4 is good though and a nice game.

Comment

DMC3 is harder and looks shat on a HDTV but I would personally say its the better game. DMC4 isn't exactly easy and it is good fun but it's a lot more accessible and the upgrade system is very flexible, which I quite like. If you don't like the upgrades you bought or you don't need them for a given stage you can get rid of them and get a full refund to use elsewhere on other skills.

Comment

DMC4 get!

Cheers me dears.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

DMC 3:SE really wasn't very hard on the easier settings though, so I wouldn't let the difficulty put you off. They toned down SE compared to the original after all, and I think people forget that.

I haven't played 4 much, but from the few try's I had it seemed to play much the same as 3. Maybe get it for the next gen polish, but you could just as well go with either I would have thought.

Edit: Too late. Sorry, I didn't see there was a second page already.

Comment

I actually played through 3:SE last night on normal. Standard play, no secret missions or anything. Pretty good, but I'll go with 4 for next-gen polish as you said.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I also want ot get DMC4, only after playing the PS3 demo, what new features are there?

Are there epic boss battles?

One last question, whats is the difference between the standard version and the tin version?

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                              I also want ot get DMC4, only after playing the PS3 demo, what new features are there?

Are there epic boss battles?

One last question, whats is the difference between the standard version and the tin version?
                              The tin version comes with an art book. I looked at it once and haven't touched it since.

Regarding boss battles - there are a few really good ones, but also the worst boss so far in the series. Look in the first play thread for a lot more info.

I'm going to spoilerize this:

It's worth mentioning that the "Bloody Palace" mode you unlock after completing DMC4 is a little better than the version found in DMC3.

Comment

Working...
                              X