Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any UK online stores taking Rock Band 2 pre-orders yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any UK online stores taking Rock Band 2 pre-orders yet?

As the title suggests, Im looking to pre-order somewhere to import to Australia.

Only a couple of weeks out and it seems nowhere is offering pre-order yet? Ive checked Amazon, Gameplay, Play etc... Doesnt matter if they done do international shipping either as I can get it sent to my parents for posting over.

It's not got a release date for the UK yet I'm afraid. It's possibly, likely probably almost definitely slipped into 2009 though. (I believe March was the month being passed around).

There's still not been a UK release date announced for Rock Band 1 on PS2/PS3 or Wii yet either. I wonder if they'll just completely bypass them now.
    Last edited by MikeRox; 26-08-2008, 17:10. Reason: added doubt to 2009 date :D

Comment

Theirs no UK release date yet for this on 360 its out on Sept 12th in USA only.

Comment

I imagine they don't want to release it too soon as Rockband 1 was out in May.

I hope it's out fairly soon it looks ace and I want the new drums.

I might buy guitar hero world tour and one of it's guitars in the mean time.

Comment

I was thinking of doing the same but the new GH WT whole set looks incredible compared to RB2s that Im just going to buy that set and not bother with RB2s or an Ion drumkit. Even the new guitar looks miles better (and I cant say I was impressed with previews till recently).

I just have this awful feeling that RB2 will be region locked again and we wont get it in UK till next year. If they dont get it out in time for mid November in UK then their going to be in trouble with converting people to buy the kit over here when it eventually does come out.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
            It's definitely slipped into 2009 though.
            Where does this information come from?

Comment

Well PAL version of RB on PS3 is down for 12th September (remember it was a timed exclusive over here). Nothing concrete though but thats what everyones using for retail.

Their is no information of when RB2 is out anywhere other than USA m8 its rumours.
              Last edited by Guest; 26-08-2008, 16:11.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                Where does this information come from?
                No confirmed Rock Band 2 Release Date for Europe

I'm sure I've read elsewhere that it is now definitely 2009. I'll be nabbing the PS3 version in October from the US I think and then a Guitar Hero 4 World Tour set with guitar (so I can have a bass) if the track list for the game is any good.

Comment

No confirmed date isn't the same as "definately not out this year."

If you're unsure, please use "probably" instead of "definately" to avoid my worrying

Comment

Sorry I can't find the link where I read 2009. I stumbled across it at work.

"almost definitely"?

Original post edited to prevent panic

Comment

The no confirmed thing from Kotaku is 2months old though they just went quiet on it after that at EA.

I think if it definetly coming out in UK on Sept 12th for RB1 then where stuffed for a UK launch of 2 this year (as its suicide to release 2 quickly after 1 as you dont need 1 if you get 2 as all tracks you get for free out of 1). If RB1 gets delayed on PS3 again in UK then we stand a better chance of getting 2 across the board instead. Make sense? no lol?

Business sense on 360 in UK would be to get it out around same time as GH WT or just before even if its solus not to harm sales, I would expect them not to be that daft but it is EA after all and we have seriously been shafted on 1 anywhere else than USA with the launches. Give us region free goodnes you gits!

Comment

Damn.

This is all news to me, I thought it was getting a simultaneous release in UK and US, at least I think thats what was mentioned when RB2 was first announced.

Dont think there is any chance it will be region free because EA are idiots when it comes to that stuff and RB1 wasnt... chances are slim to say the least.

Strangely though, whilst RB1 still hasnt come out in Australia and it seems unlikely it ever will RB2 just passed official certification here, all done rather quietly. So it seems it will be released here, the question now is when?

Cheers for all the info. anyway guys, keep me posted. As soon as there is a PAL or region free version available to import Im grabbing it.

Comment

The whole thing seems really strange, I have no idea why they waited so long for the first one to be released.

Its not doing them any favours anyway.

Comment

Id check here constantly lads.

In Rock Band Rivals, form your own band, rock the world, and live out your ultimate rock and roll fantasy, with your friends, family, or as a solo act.

More digging Im doing more promising it sounds for this year as the RB2 instruments are being released seperatly not in a pack so they are not forced this time to do one big RB2 launch push they could quite happily get the game out. As RB2 and GHWT are cross compatible as well for instruments less headaches and its certainly not like the headache on PS3 on 1st one where you could buy the game and not use anything other than RB guitar!
                            Last edited by Guest; 27-08-2008, 12:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                              The whole thing seems really strange, I have no idea why they waited so long for the first one to be released.

Its not doing them any favours anyway.
                              Seems to basically be handing GHWT the market leader position on a platter outside of the US tbh.

Comment

Working...
                              X