360 sports games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 sports games

Decent sporty games for the xbox360 suggestions please. I haven't played EA Madden or Ice hockey for years (Megadrive days) and I fncy picking one of them up..

Also what's the best for footie/basketball etc?

All suggestions greatfully received, danke.

Football wise you have PES (6 or 2008) and FIFA (07 or 08), the best of the lot would probably be FIFA 08 closely followed by PES 6. FIFA 08 offers the best complete package, great online and pretty decent offline. If you wanna play PES then go for PES 6 as it works properly online (unlike 2008) and plays well offline too. Saying all that though, you might wanna wait til October as the new FIFA and PES games will be both released in that month. 3rd October for FIFA 09 and around 24th October for PES 2009.

Comment

Ah I must point out here that I had PES 2008. My eye's bled with the ****eness.

Comment

NHl2k9 Demo is up. I'm downloading it as we speak (bloody been slow) think its 813MB (or around that)

The last 2K ice hockey I enjoyed was way back on the PS2....

Then the next year it was improved on the 360 but little did I know until I invested my time..it was as buggy as ****. Haven't played one since.

Will report back soon with what I find with the demo..

Comment

2K Sports Hockey is fun in multiplayer.

NHL09 will be worth waiting for, though.

Comment

Cheers chaps.. I'm looking to get the feeling of playing EA's basketball games on the mD - just like back in the day homeboyeeee!

Comment

If you're after arcadey EA basketball give NBA Homecourt a try. There is a demo on the marketplace. I really enjoyed the over-the-topness of it.

The Bigs is another interesting one. Arcadey baseball. The Asian version works on a PAL console. There's a demo for that one on the American Marketplace.

Comment

I wait for Fifa 09 , but if you must have a footie game right now , its doesn't come much better than UEFA Euro 2008 imo , and Virtual Tennis III is a stunner of a sports game too .

Comment

If you're after Basketball then NBA2K8 is your best bet on the sim side of things.

Comment

I've been an NHL 2K man recently, but this may change:

a) The checking in the 2K9 demo is piss weak and the players don't feel weighty enough.
                    b) NHL09 online options have me salivating with anticipation.

Comment

Madden 09 is well worth a look. Definitely the best next gen version.

The Asian release is region free so can be had reasonably cheaply.

Hockey wise the 2K games have been solid but haven't really evolved much of late. Personally I'd pick up a cheap copy of EA's NHL 08 or wait for 09.

Comment

Demo of NHL09 on the PSN now, so I'd assume it's on XBLA as well.

Comment

Well..I had 10 games (roughly) of nh2k9 on 360 demo, thought it was okay.

Got the controls okay..but didn't bother too much with 'on the fly' stuff.

The sprint button didn't seem to speed the players up much although i could see their meter going down.

If i was heavily into to sports and if the demo is anything to go by..i'd purchase it. Probably be cheap as chips within one month if the other hockey games are anything to go by.

As it is for me..I'll just pick up PE09 on PS3 for the free on-line gaming, unless early reports suggest x is better than z because of y e.t.c.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post

The sprint button didn't seem to speed the players up much although i could see their meter going down.
                            QFT. I just hope (if I do get it) that the hitting power is customisable like it has been in the past because when I charge a player at centre ice who has their head down, I don't expect my player AND the opponent to do a feeble stagger animation, like they've both been hit by a pillow, and then for the opponent to just carry on with the puck. Where were the crunching hip checks and boardings (hell, even if I take a pen for it, it's still satisfying mullering someone against the plexi)?

Comment

Thanks again folks..

Comment

Working...
                              X