Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which Guitar Hero game to get into first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which Guitar Hero game to get into first?

Feeling a bit jaded with my games a the minute, i class myself as liking all genres but have never even played a Guitar Hero game, i put this down to 2 reasons:

1. The stupid "i play guitar in real life why would i want to" reason

2. I'm a lefty and think that flipping the models available with each game upside down makes them look unattractive and possibly uncomfortable looking at the whammy bar location

Just been watching some youtube vids of someone absolutely rinsing a dragonforce track on GH3 and it's got me really interested in getting one of the series, i'm thinking either GH2 or 3 probably on 360 although i do have the option of PS2/PS3 if those versions are superior, anyone got any advice?

And i'd love to hear from any lefties out there to see what its actually like using them flipped over!

ta very much

James

Can't say I've had an issue using the guitar in left handed mode, although the strap position holders could be better placed for such matters. That's using the PS2 guitar here having bought the original GH when it came out.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Well new ones out in November so you might want to wait for that. I prefer 2 over 3 on 360 (got all 3 as had first one on PS2) as 3 is made by a different company to the first 2. I prefer Rock Band to any of em though massivly (although Im serioulsy stoked for getting GHWT).

Comment

Rockband is better than the guitar hero games and I would recomend you start with it too becuase its one of the easiest. Though the first Guitar Hero game isnt that hard either.

2 and 3 upped the difficulty alot though.

Comment

Notes are easier to do on GH 3 over 2 and 1 as the timing is more loose. Note chart on RB is much lighter over GH3 but tighter timing, drums are hard at first though but you cant beat em

At moment though Id still say wait even for RB as you would be better off getting guitar hero world tour in a box then using the whole set on rb2 when it comes out (as you get rb1 content for free).

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
            Notes are easier to do on GH 3 over 2 and 1 as the timing is more loose. Note chart on RB is much lighter over GH3 but tighter timing, drums are hard at first though but you cant beat em

At moment though Id still say wait even for RB as you would be better off getting guitar hero world tour in a box then using the whole set on rb2 when it comes out (as you get rb1 content for free).
            i know the niotes are easier to hit on guitar hero 3, but there is alot more of them, mainly becuase neversoft didnt seem to care how aunthentic the experience was and added notes that shouldnt be there making the game harder.

The guitar hero drums wont be compitable on rock band will they? I know the Rock band drums wont work on guitar hero world tour becuase there is an extra drum on the guitar hero set.

Comment

As I said m8 the note chart on RB is lighter lol I know theirs less of em

RB2 and GHWT are cross compatible they have already announced it other week on GHWT and other month at RB. From what Ive read you can shove pretty much anything in to mimic GHWT drums. They have a recognition system in place if you plug a RB controller into GHWT that it will alter its pattern layout

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Its because MS have said they want every periph to work so Activision cant get away with their bollox this time.

Comment

cheers lads, think its going to be GH3 on 360 as i saw a mint bundle in smack converters for £45 earlier! was thinking initially of getting an earlier game in the series but the more i see things like this involving the same song a watched some vids of earlier that looks pretty intense i want some of that!

Comment

gitar hero 3 is quite annoying adding battles to the mix, I really find the first 2 still the best and streets ahead of even rock band. I am sure therye cheap enough to try before comitting yourself to a more costly purchase and finding you do not like the game

Comment

to be fair getting even the original PS2 version isnt much cheaper than that on ebay with the stupid shipping people are charging, i'll probably have a scooch around some places tommorow to see if i can get one of the earlier games + guitar cheaper anywhere

Comment

got the first one in the end, i love it! Cant believe i've only just got into this it's fantastic

Comment

Yeah, the first one's the best. Woot woot! Two's good fun too.

Comment

i think the first one on the PS2 is still the best, it had a great tracklisting, and a great learning curve between difficulties...i can actually complete most songs on expert, compared to only being able to complete a handful on GH2 n GH3

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                            Well new ones out in November so you might want to wait for that. I prefer 2 over 3 on 360 (got all 3 as had first one on PS2) as 3 is made by a different company to the first 2. I prefer Rock Band to any of em though massivly (although Im serioulsy stoked for getting GHWT).
                            I was so relieved that cross game compatability has been announced for RB and GHWT.

Personally I think Rock Band is the best starting point if you can afford it. Depends what format you go for though IMO.

Guitar Hero 1 is the best Sony format Guitar Hero title atm. Though the extra songs and tweaks to GH2 on the 360 make it far better than the PS2 equivalent. I didn't rate the 3rd Guitar Hero at all as it was basically a "show off sim" with very little timing required to hit notes and as a result very little feel of involvement with the songs.

Rock Band All
                            Guitar Hero 1 [this maybe due to rose tinted glasses in which case put it below the 360 ver of GH2 but still above the PS2 ver ]
                            Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360
                            Guitar Hero 2 PS2
                            Guitar Hero 3 All

Is the order I'd rather the games in right now.

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
                              got the first one in the end, i love it! Cant believe i've only just got into this it's fantastic
                              Welcome to the club, great choice outta the Guitar Hero titles. By far the best track lineup, but I think they got a bit obsessed with having to find music with lots of twiddly bits rather than just going for songs that are fun to play. Luckily they saw the light with Rock Band, though Neversoft managed to go even further the wrong way

Comment

Working...
                              X