Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'PAL' PS1 Classics from the UK PSN... VAT excluded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'PAL' PS1 Classics from the UK PSN... VAT excluded?

I'm sure this has been asked ages ago (Did a search but no luck), but do the PS1 games on the UK store run bordered/slower than their NTSC counterparts (Where they exist)?

Yes, they run at 50hz.

Comment

Thought that would be the case, thanks.

Comment

I downloaded one (wipEout which was free for a period of time) and it wouldn't run at all on my US PS3 (presumably because it doesn't support 576i) although others' have reported that they have got them to run on NTSC consoles so I'm not sure what they deal is.

I did get it to run on the PSP though and it was bordered there.

Comment

I thought that was a problem only if you're running through an SDTV?

Comment

For retail games yeah. I don't think the PS1 games can run in HD though. I can't remember if this was before or after the upscaling options appeared fvia firmware update tho. I'm sure I tried it after.

Comment

The US machines can't output at 50Hz so UK PS1 games will only work in HD if there isn't a 60Hz option.

Comment

If there isn't... or if there is?

Comment

If there isn't a 60Hz option then HD is the only way to do it.

If there is a 60Hz option then you will have a choice between playing them in SD at 60Hz or in HD depending on the screen you're using.

Comment

Did any PS1 games have a 60Hz option?

Anyway, with the one PAL PS1 game I have (on my US PS3), I can play it in HD, but not in SD. It's really juddery on the PSP too, compared to the NTSC games I have, presumably due to the PSP's refresh rate not matching the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X