Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 09: First Wii still alive (without repairs)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 09: First Wii still alive (without repairs)?

Is your first Wii still alive without needing repairs?
    Yes, it's fine
    0%
    No, it died
    0%

Yep, all good. Mind you it never gets used other than to charge up my Playstation controllers and a Bluetooth headset. I can confirm that the USB ports on the Wii are very durable!

Comment

US launch machine. Works fine. Updated to every update thus far, and have recently installed the Twilight hack/Homebrew Channel.

Comment

UK launch machine. All fine (touch wood).

Comment

Got UK and JPN machines, both still fine.

Comment

Yes, although it crashes sometimes which can be annoying.

Comment

My first JPN Wii was DoA. The replacement and my US one have been fine.

Comment

Yeah, mine's pretty flaky. Controllers disconnect during game loading, games taking several minutes to load (making you think it's crashed but it hasn't) etc. Whole thing's a bit ropey really.

Comment

JPN model from Jan 08. Absolutely fine...from memory

Comment

My original PAL machine is still going strong at my brother's place and the USA one I bought about six months after launch is problem free AFAIK. At least it was when No More Heroes came out. I haven't touched it since I finished that

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                      Yeah, mine's pretty flaky. Controllers disconnect during game loading, games taking several minutes to load (making you think it's crashed but it hasn't) etc. Whole thing's a bit ropey really.
                      Do you have it connected to a LAN adapter by any chance?

Mine does the same thing, but doesn't seem to when i take the adapter out of the back. Seems to be trying to connect online or something.

----

JPN machine, still working. Owned since december 2007.
                      Last edited by KusoGaki; 12-09-2008, 14:25.

Comment

100% fine, touch wood.

Comment

100% fine, because all it does is sit in standby, if it did die I doubt I'd notice.

Comment

PAL launch machine. All fine here. I imagine when the apocalypse comes, Nintendo consoles will outlast most things.

Comment

No serious problem with my US machine bought this time last year.

I did get some really annoying drive noise, but I discovered that leaving a disc in the drive and starting up with it in there cured it.

Comment

Working...
                              X