No announcement yet.

E194 - GTA: Chinatown Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably not but it does have the Star Wars logo on the box so you have to take that into account when playing the game.

Fair enough, you might think it is a turd.....I didn't

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      No its pretty much a turd game wise. Cutscenes, story and voice acting is fantastic. But game wise this wouldn't be given a second glance if it didn't have star wars on the box.
      quite enjoying it so far nice secrets not bad combat and a nice starwars themed levels to explore hardly a turd, not goty material but its not as if its broken in anyway.

Comment

To anyone here who subscribes to Edge, how does it get sent these days?

I've been thinking about subscribing to save some money on the cover price, but when I subscribed to N64 Magazine from Future back in the day it would come in a rubbish plastic bag that was shredded nine times out of ten. I'll pay the extra if it means getting it in good condition.

Comment

It comes in a clear plastic bag (although they seem to have started obscuring the cover). Not great protection, but I've not had many problems over the 4 years I've subscribed. Maybe the odd bit of damage, but very infrequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie View Post
            But there's still no word on US or UK versions and the game came out in Japan in July; IGN were playing a retail copy of the game, presumably the same one as Edge, no?
            I bought the Japanese game as soon as it came out, and completed it with no problems whatsoever- there's a first play thread here:

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear View Post
              Yeah i was suprised at the score too, as they said the controls were completely broken on IGN. There's no mention of any problems in the review so it looks like they were fixed for the retail version?

IGN seam to have some strange control issues. The Samba De Amigo review game me the impression the controls were not great but not gameplay effecting. I strongly disagree.

Another game Jewel Quest on the DS was plagued with touch screen issues and these don't even get a mention in the strangely glowing review, as the game is shocking.

I sometimes get the impressions from the IGN reviews they have not had much play time before writing the reviews. As they often dismiss ongoing problems in games and are quick to judge.

I really hope Fatal Frame gets and English release in 2008 at some point. I like the look of what i have seen but have never followed the series (i had no idea it was a series)

Comment

You did know it's Project Zero over here, right?

It's easy enough to pick up the first three if you've got a last gen console - or a PS3 - capable of playing them.

Comment

And a quick bump now I've finally bought the issue to say I do hope I never meet N'Gai Croal in real life - Jesus, I've never read any other columnist (journalist; few other writers, even) who talks so much meaningless, counterproductive ****. I practically have to put the page down and count to ten to feel better. Anyway. Not a bad issue, otherwise.

Comment

anyone else a fan of Randy Smith's column?

it seems all the other Edge columnists fall into the "light comedy" or "tortured philosophising" bracket... but Smith avoids both categories, and comes out as both funnier and more thought-provoking than anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                    X