Thought you had a bargain..but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought you had a bargain..but

The other day I went over to Akiba (akihabara) and thought I would look for some jewels , since I don't head over there often (about every 6 months) I ended up going into the first shop, I saw Shemue 2 for the DC as a new copy for just over 2000Yen + TAX..So I bought it right away.

I thought hell what a bargain, so I walked over to the next shop all happy and gleeful!.....Only to find a better new copy of Shenmue including bonus discs for 670Yen!!!!! .....

What i'm trying to say is....Always look around all over up and down before you splash the cash, im sure most of you do anyway..

Anyone have any stories of missed or wasted money on games that you COULD have gained more cheaper!?

Bought Japanese Tekki for ?235 + p&p, thinking it wouldn't get a uk release (?100 over the odds, ouch!). Good job I like it

I bought Space Channel 5 part 2 early from cex to guarantee the clock, it was ?20 cheaper online (?65 vs ?45)...

Usually I spend ages traipsing between shops to find the cheapest though. Normally only saves a couple of quid, we don't get those sort of bargains over here

Comment

bought r-types from another world and found it was cheaper everywhere else in the civilised world.

Comment

Actually for the rest of that day I was hella pissed off ft:

To the point I just stormed back home like a spoilt kid...lol

Comment

Bought a Dreamcast keyboard for ?15, then won another one from the Dreamarena site a week later

Don't forget those who bought an X-Box on day 1 like I did, only for them to drop the price days later. They did reward us with 2 games though, but it should have been our choice if we wanted them anyway as I already bought Munch's Oddysee and Halo with the console the other games weren't top on my list.

Comment

I find ebay is a usually good way to rip yourself off. I Was bidding for DDR 5th up to about $80 until I decided to let it go. Saw it on PlayAsia the next day for $60!

I've also seen some IIDX games go for silly money. A month or so ago some guy paid $122 for 4th Style. I'm not sure they realise the availability of these games is cyclical. About 6 months ago 3rd Style was the rare one - now they are plentiful and go for $60. Likewise, 4th Style will become available again in due course.

Comment

bought the Art of MGS the other day for next to nothing and I was over the moon what a bargain...except someone had cut out 8 or 9 of the pages : ( still pretty good for a couple of quid though and the design section (which I'm more intereseted in) was left totally intact.

Cheers

Quexex

Comment

I waited and waited for the import price of Gamecubes to drop from the very high starting price. After a while I decided I couldn't wait any longer and hunted high and low to get the best price I could. I found a Jap GC with for ?180, which at the time I thought was a great price (a friend had bought one for ?250 at about the same time)

Then within days the news broke that the Europe launch price was going to be under ?150 and import prices nosedived to about ?40 less than I paid.

Comment

Originally posted by quexex
                  bought the Art of MGS the other day for next to nothing and I was over the moon what a bargain...except someone had cut out 8 or 9 of the pages : ( still pretty good for a couple of quid though and the design section (which I'm more intereseted in) was left totally intact.

Cheers

Quexex
                  I saw this online for around ?10-15 shipping from an Asian website, I think Korea. I held off buying it because shipping was stated as a month or two, and I thought I needed it now for an art project. So I bought it in Forbidden Planet for ?30. Needless to say, I ended up doing no artwork at all, MGS inspired or otherwise.

Comment

i simply buy most of my stuff from play.com, it's nearly always cheapest there. i do a bit of checking up first, but i usually don't need to.

Comment

I was having a browse on ebay earlier and I found a copy of samba complete with maracas, highest shown bid was ?50, thought I would have a look (as it looked like a bargin) and it was the cha cha amigo maracas (labeled as PAL maracas), and it just stated Samba, so I guess some bright spark is trying to pass of a JPN copy of Samba with 3rd party maracas to some poor sap as a PAL copy. Then when they moan, they can say that they never stated that the game was PAL. ft:

Comment

Working...
                      X