Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2D scrolling beat-em-up on next gen machine

can you imagine it?

an updated Final Fight/Streets of Rage/Double Dragon type game on the Wii/PS3/Xbox 360?

the graphics.....the number of levels.....the moves......the weapons....

oooh matron!!!!!

would kill for a next gen guardian heroes.....or even the original saturn game on xbox live will do me

Comment

Guardian Heroes - TMNT - The Simpsons - Knights Of The Round - Downtown - Kung Fu Master - Yie Ar Kung-Fu - Target Renegade

the list goes on

we need a next gen 2D beat-em-up!!!!

Comment

Um, Castle Crashers?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsquare View Post
          Um, Castle Crashers?
          I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by m3evo View Post
            can you imagine it?

an updated Final Fight/Streets of Rage/Double Dragon type game on the Wii/PS3/Xbox 360?

the graphics.....the number of levels.....the moves......the weapons....

oooh matron!!!!!
            I thought Viewtiful Joe was more than a stunning example of the genre.

Comment

I know it's not exactly what you mean but I see the likes of Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden and God Hand as the natural evolution of the side-scrolling beat-em-up.

Now if only someone would make one with 2-4 player as standard.

Comment

I find the problem with Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry aren't as accessible as stuff like streets of rage

Comment

^I agree, they're not really games that you can pick and and play with a friend who has never played the game before, like you can with SoR. It's possible to become skilled at SoR, but it's also a game accessible to anyone, and the skilled player has no major advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
                    I know it's not exactly what you mean but I see the likes of Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden and God Hand as the natural evolution of the side-scrolling beat-em-up.

Now if only someone would make one with 2-4 player as standard.
                    The hack n slash action rpg (Phantasy Star Online, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Diablo etc) also seem like an evolution of the scrolling beat em up and they usually have the multiplayer option. Arcade games Dark Seal and Shadows Over Mystara are almost like a cross between the two genres.

It's shame there isn't the same interest in making scrolling fighters that there is in shooters. They are still being made though, Castle Crashes and Oriental Legend 2 for instance.

Comment

And Beats Of Rage, I guess.

Comment

I would quite fancy a Next Gen scoller, but lets be honest its not gonna happen. Still, we have the NG's and DMC's of this world and their next evolution will be co-op. Thats as good as were gonna get. But thats no bad thing!

Also we have lots of co-op 3rd person/ 1st person shooters, arent these the new age co-op/multiplayer games...?

Comment

Perhaps if Mega Man 9 is a financial success then we'll start to see other retro type games. Maybe a new Double Dragon or something.

Comment

As cool as streets of rage 2 and final fight are, wernt the majority of scrolling beat em ups just designed to steal your money? isnt it time to move on?

Having said that i do still love Ninja Baseball Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
                              Perhaps if Mega Man 9 is a financial success then we'll start to see other retro type games. Maybe a new Double Dragon or something.
                              According to VG Chartz it did 140000 in it's first week on the US WiiWare alone, so combined sales worldwide on all 3 formats at just a guess has to be maybe touching 500000 at least, so it certainly looks like big money can be made from these sort of things. I'd love to see a new Double Dragon, the ultimate would be a Streets of Rage 4 though.

Comment

Working...
                              X