No announcement yet.

PC vs Console gaming analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTS games - PC for me, although I haven't liked a lot of the more recent ones. Football manager games also PC wins in my house.

Everything else I much prefer to play on consoles, and couldn't give a toss if I might be slightly less crap at FPS games if I used a keyboard and mouse. I hardly ever play online, Mario Kart apart, so that is not an issue for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
      I bet that you couldn't run brand new games being released over the next 3 years on a £400 PC to a decent standard.
      That would have been true prior to Vista splitting the user base. At the moment the majority of users are still using XP/DX9, so devs have to build for that end of the market - thus extending the life cycle of would be obsolete cards. This means really pushing the potential of older hardware in the same way later gen games are pushed on console. I don’t think that’s ever happened before - in pc gaming. They usually focus on raw power as opposed to the tricks used to get things looking pretty on console.

Hardware (at launch of course!) £300
      20 games a year for 5 years @ £35, average online price = £3500
      Total = £3800

PC
      Gaming Spec now = £500
      £150 a year upgrade for 5 years = £750
      20 games a year for 5 years @ £25, average online price = £2500
      Total = £3750
      Who said PC gaming has to be expensive.

As I said in another thread. I’ve pre ordered three absolutely top class games costing me a grand total of 75 sheets. If I had bought them for my PS3 I’d be looking to pay £120- £130 - with the spare change I can get both Prince of Persia and GTA 4 - BARGAIN.
      Last edited by Kit; 16-10-2008, 02:44.

Comment

On the other hand, it's great to be able to browse a load of cheap console games. Do shops in the UK sell pre-owned PC games? I assume not.

I guess Kit's model works for people who always want the very latest games. Me - I have some of the latest games, but usually I wait until they come out on Best Of labels and in the meantime pick up cheap games from the last generation (pre-owned more often than not).

Comment

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
          RTS games - PC for me, although I haven't liked a lot of the more recent ones. Football manager games also PC wins in my house.
          I also think Flight games are better on the PC , That and F1 racers are about the only area's PC have the upper hand over console game wise for me . Control, cost , easy of use is where the console is better than the PC for me

Comment

I also like both console and PC .gaming Counter-Strike source remains a firm favourite on the PC for me. But Source's engine is very scalable, so I can enjoy it more.

Comment

Working...
            X