Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed my 360 !!

Morning all

Well, seems appropriate while all this talk of console failure rates is going on. My Xbox360 died with an E74 error in June so i went out and bought another one, which has been fine since. Last week i decided to have a go at fixing the old one, instead of having to pay MS to do it for me. So, armed with a ?2.50 set of bolts from ebay, and an assortment of screwdrivers and torxdrivers, and some arctic silver, i set about doing it.

Without going through the process which is documented on many webpages, i got the end last night and turned the Xbox on to find the red lights gone and the machine booting normally. To say i was surprised is an understatement - i don't have any doubts in my skills as it wasn't a difficult fix, i was just a little sceptical i guess. Only time will tell if the fix works long term, but for the time being, i have 2 working 360's

Anyway, if anyone else wants to attempt this then by all means get in touch and i can try to help you through it, in the meantime another Gold Live membership means i might now win some online games

Sorry to piss on your parade Chunky, but it will go again, until you reflow the solder, using a heat gun.

Should last a while though, well done.

Comment

Well, it's only a second machine for me, so won't be used as much as my first one. I thought the solder will have been reflowed by letting the GPU overheard to melt it all again, time will tell i guess.

It's fixed for the moment though so i'm happy. I can't really afford £500+ for the proper equipment to reflow it all.

Comment

See here, cost you the price of a heatgun -

Heatgunning

Useful threads too -

Click

Clickety Click

Comment

Working...
        X