Name this developer and game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name this developer and game

I'm trying to recall the name of a FPS on the PC released around 2000. It was by a developer (possibly Swedish) that had previously released a flight sim with technically impressive landscape engine, which was then used for a first-person shooter, in which you played a secret agent sort infiltrating enemy territory. The developer had a big feature in EDGE showing off the engine, which if I remember correctly was even before they had released a game. It's quite possible the game had a sequel at some point too.

Anyone have any ideas? It's driving me mental!

Bloody hell, not five minutes after posting I found it - Project IGI, by Inner Loop studios. The game did have a sequel, and the flight sim in question was Joint Strike Fighter.

Comment

Bahh, would have got that one. I've touched the back of one of the devs. TRUE FAX!

Shame neither of the games were easily modable.

Comment

wow, I remember playing project IGI - was ok I think

Comment

Yeah it had a sequel.
          I seem to recall it being very highly rated by all the PC mags.

Comment

I loved the original. Had it demonstrated to me at E3 2000, it covered a lot of new ground in the FPS genre. I remember being impressed by the fact every surface could be penetrated if you had a weapon powerful enough, although being able to shoot an AK47 through concrete floors seemed a bit off.

Comment

Is the sequel any good? It's a fiver in Game.

Having said that the last game I bought for a fiver new in Game was Far Cry and that's toss...

Comment

Working...
              X