Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sports franchises - how often do you update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports franchises - how often do you update?

I get a home Fifa every two years, and a handheld one every year. Perhaps a Winning Eleven or two if I see them going cheap.

Any other sport, one per generation of hardware is usually enough for me, although I buy every Minna no Golf I can find.

How about you? And what do you do with the old ones? I now have a stack of old Fifas on PSP. It's not even worth putting them in the for free thread - they can probably be picked up second hand in the UK for less than the postage from Japan. So they're just sitting there.

The only sports game I play is F1, hopefully there will actually be a game for the 2008 season!

Comment

Winning Eleven I'll buy yearly.
      Minna no Golf I'll buy every one.
      Baseball - I'll usually buy a couple of the Pawafuru Puroyakyu games for each system.
      Racing - Every Ridge Racer.

Comment

I update my Madden every year.

It's nice to have all the latest Draft changes & to see what they've added.
        This years one was a nice return to the old Commentary formula & some really nice graphical updates.

Thats the only sports franchise I buy so I'm happy to buy a new one every year.

Neil

Comment

I tend to update to the latest NHL (EA) game every year.

Comment

I've had a copy of PES sent to me every year since 3 (the one with Pierluigi Collina on the front cover) due to work but haven't had one this year and I doubt I will buy it due to a lot of the negative impressions on this site and the many gaming websties I frequent.

I won't buy FIFA ever due to some crazy notion of brand loyalty towards Konami and the only other sports game that I really enjoy is Everybodys' Golf of which I have owned every version from PSOne through to PSP. I even went so far as to import Minna no Golf 5 on PS3 due to the ridiculou delay in bringing it out over here (that thread was great when many forum users received it on pretty much the same day and fell instantly in love with it).

Comment

Up till next gen I bought every Fifa, Madden, NHL/2k one TWoods, NBA2k,NFL2k. Next gen I bought my first Fifa this year (rented rest or took em back) first Madden in 3yrs (fantastic) and first TWoods in 2yrs (fantastic again). NBA2k havent bought it for 2yrs and of course NFL2k is dead now. I have bought every Twoods on PC till they killed it though but first time analogs worked on pad so happy.

NHL (EA) last two seasons before that it was 2k series
              Minna golf = every year
              Baseball every year of 1 (last two its been Sonys MLB THe show)
              Winning Eleven/PES at least 1 of em every year

Comment

Working...
              X