No announcement yet.

game endings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=TheBlackLodge;1443289]See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum... and one night... one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they?re going to escape! So like they get up on to the roof, and there, just across the narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in moon light... stretching away to freedom. Now the first guy he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend daren't make the leap. Y'see he's afraid of falling... So then the first guy has an idea. He says "Hey! I have my flash light with me. I will shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk across the beam and join me." But, the second guy just shakes his head. He says... he says "What do you think I am, crazy? You would turn it off when I was half way across." quote]

That's from Batman The Killing Joke, isn't it? The Joker tells it to Bats.

I've been disappointed with almost every game ending I ever saw. Chase HQ on the speccy was amazing for the time, all animated comic book style. Great ending for an 8 bit machine.

I saw the SF2 endings a million times and thought they were all a bit crap at the time but looking back they weren't that bad at all.

Best endings of all time for me are the FMVs in Tekken 3, you can view them again and I must have seen some of them dozens of times.

I expected a great ending for Einhander but as usual it let me down.

Most game endings are crap. What's worse is old arcade games where you would get a simple congraturations screen or something after all that effort beating the last boss.

Comment

It's very rare these days to have a game that has a good actual ending, but outside of it being a nice little reward I'm not too bothered if they don't have a massive cut-scene at the end.

Games are about the journey more than the destination, and as long as the endgame itself is strong I can handle a crap end cinematic. Fallout 3 gets a lot of stick for its ending, but people ignore that amazing battle with

Liberty Prime

that precedes it. I finished COD: WAW the other week and that doesn't really have any ending to speak of, but the whole thing builds into a massive crescendo that still left me satisfied.

In short, I'd rather the end of my game actually be a game instead of watching a film. Nothing wrong with a big cinematic, but there are better, more 'gamey' ways to do it.

Comment

The 'real' ending on No More Heroes is the best one I can remember seeing in a long long time. OOT was dead good too, and ICO & SOTC were pretty decent.

Comment

In the old C64 and Amiga days I was always ver curious to the games endings.. most of the time it would some nice picture with WELL DONE or something like that, but that was already fine for me

I loved the endings of; Gears2 (what have you done ?....), ICO, NinjaGaiden, Tekken and DOA3+4 had great endings as well for every character.

Comment

SOTC was the last one I remember being really impressed with. The entire story is pretty much told in in the ending!

Comment

One thing i can't quite work out is why the hell AM2 won't do a decent Virtua Fighter ending? I mean Namco had the decency to make some pretty cool CG movies, but all yah get in Virtua fighter is some lame ass replays of the bout endings...........

Comment

Working...
              X