What are Amazon like for pre orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are Amazon like for pre orders?

I had to cancel my gears 2 pre order with play recently and going back to reorder yesterday I found out the limited edition was no longer avaliable. shopto are no longer selling it either.

However I did find it at amazon and ordered it, but am just wondering what their delivery dates are like with pre orders?

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
    I had to cancel my gears 2 pre order with play recently and going back to reorder yesterday I found out the limited edition was no longer avaliable. shopto are no longer selling it either.

However I did find it at amazon and ordered it, but am just wondering what their delivery dates are like with pre orders?
    very hit and miss if you use the super saver delivery you can be waiting till the following monday or tuesday after release date as i've found out on many an occasion,

they seem to have got really poor recently an order i had with them for something that was shown as in-stock quoted the 18th of this month as delivery even without super saver delivery.

Comment

dosent sound too good, what about gamestation as they seem to have it too?

Comment

I use Game for my pre-orders because:
        • 99% of the time received the day before release (I've never had a game arrive after release date)
        • There's always a £3 or £5 off code floating around which you can use on pre-orders: NW10GME09 so £34.99 or £36.99 for most games.
        • 11% Quidco cash back & around 800 GAME reward points (£2)
        • Often have exclusive game editions, pre-order bonuses etc
        • Free Postage on everything
        • They're gonna have the most stock out of all online retailers most of the time.

Gears 2 LTD edition
        £49.99 - £3
        £46.99 inc postage
        and £2.50 GAME points, approx £4.50 cashback
        Last edited by Ouenben; 04-11-2008, 12:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
          I use Game for my pre-orders because:
          • 99% of the time received the day before release (I've never had a game arrive after release date)
          • There's always a ?3 or ?5 off code floating around which you can use on pre-orders: NW10GME09 so ?34.99 or ?36.99 for most games.
          • 11% Quidco cash back & around 800 GAME reward points (?2)
          • Often have exclusive game editions, pre-order bonuses etc
          • Free Postage on everything
          • They're gonna have the most stock out of all online retailers most of the time.

Gears 2 LTD edition
          ?49.99 - ?3
          ?46.99 inc postage
          and ?2.50 GAME points, approx ?4.50 cashback
          Thanks, canceled at amazon and ordered there instead.

Comment

Thanks, canceled at amazon and ordered there instead.
            GAME have reduced the price of it to ?42.99 so if you used the ?3 off code you should have only been charged ?40

Comment

Super Saver is 2-4 days usually but it does vary. Not a good service to use if you're only in on certain days. Especially as it's parcelforce and their distribution centres are always a pain to get to

Comment

Working...
              X