Import worthy PS3 titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import worthy PS3 titles

Picked up a PS3 this week and have been looking for titles from the back catalogue to pick up cheap, I've found a few Western titles and was wondering if anyone here can recommend any Jap only titles that are worth importing? I thought of Initial D to begin with as I love racing games.

Last year, I bought Winning Eleven, it's not quite what you might have in mind, but I find it is the better version, since it does have all-English menus and the Japanese commentary as well.

As for other games, the Japanese PSN has a lot of PSOne titles that aren't available in other stores. There are a few Japanese only titles, but nothing I would think of as being essential.

Comment

Time Crisis 4 so you can use a proper coloured gun!!

Initial D is a must have - brilliant fun.

Disgaea 3 from the US if you like your strategy games.

Comment

Initial D is on ebay for less than ?20 so I'll give it a go.

I was looking at Disgaea 3, but to be honest I just haven't got the time to invest in it right now - I have LBP and GT5, plus Gears 2, Fable II, Dead Space, Fallout 3 and soon Banjo 3!

I'm just after anything thats a little bit different, had a look through the list of Jap titles at Play-Asia but wouldn't know where to start.

Comment

initial d is great.
          afrika and aquanaught's holiday are both very good if youre willing to try something different.
          Battle fantasia is the only other import i have, its not bad, but i think its coming out over here some time next year

Comment

aquanaught's holiday - what that ?

I got Afrika and is planning to pick up next WE game for PS3, once I see some feedback.

Comment

Aquanaut's Holiday is Endless Ocean for the PS3, really. Different game/team, and first rather than third person IIRC, but still - swim around pretty undersea locations, gawp at big fish, discover hidden things.

It's still rumoured - not on hundred percent confirmed yet though, as far as I know - that Afrika is receiving a second Asian localisation. If you can put up with it being called Hakuna Matata instead, this second version is supposed to be full English and I think Chinese. It's up for preorder online but no-one so far has been able to confirm beyond a doubt it really is completely import-friendly. The Japanese and existing Asian versions definitely are not, however.

Comment

Which version of Initial D is worth getting? The English manual supplied with the Asian version would be a help considering the Japanese text in-game but apparently lacks online play, which is a bit poo. Should I go for the JAP version instead?

Comment

will my uk ps3 play japanese games?

Comment

PS3 games of all regions yers.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

yes, its region free on ps3 games. downloadable content is usually locked to the region of game you own though. some have region locked online play too, but not many.

Comment

if you like sports games/baseball, then i highly recommend MLB08: The Show.

It's absolutely fantastic.

Comment

go for Railfan

i find any train driving game just removes the stress of day to day work and it chills you out

Comment

Originally posted by redzoo View Post
                            Which version of Initial D is worth getting? The English manual supplied with the Asian version would be a help considering the Japanese text in-game but apparently lacks online play, which is a bit poo. Should I go for the JAP version instead?
                            Go for the JPN version, you can't download the extra cars in the Asian one. The menus aren't that hard to navigate, after you've had a few hours with it you'll know where everything is, you can find a pdf version of the english manual online if you do a google search.

Comment

Is Battle Fantasia worth importing? I know its due a release in PAL-land on the 360, but like owning Japanese versions of games.

I miss the good old days of paying over the odds for a new Japanese import. Simultaneous worldwide releases means we'll probably never see those days again

Comment

Working...
                              X