The great Wii Guitar Hero/Rock Band 2 rip off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The great Wii Guitar Hero/Rock Band 2 rip off

After Santa forked out for the GH band bundle for me for Xmas, i was excited to get some mates round to play. Boxing day was great we had 4 wiimotes between us and could therefore play as a band.

However New year day one of my mates could not make it, he had 2 of the 4 wiimotes we used. So we had 3 players but only 2 wiimotes.

I thought no problem as the mic did not need a wiimote we could have 1 guitar 1 drum and vocals. However i was shocked and disapointed to learn, even the mic requires you to have a wiimote, even though there is no need for it

I can't help but feel a bit ripped off, forking out ?150 on a band bundle then making wiimotes compulsary even though they are not needed for the mic. Shame on you Nintendo.

Has anybody found a way round this yet?

it's the same with the 360 version, and i'm assuming with the other versions, otherwise the mic would need to have a whole bunch of buttons on it

Comment

It is the same for 360 and makes sense as you wouldnt be able to select songs & difficulty etc etc

Comment

I am not angry that you have to have the wiimote, i am angry you need one for the mic even if it is part of a band setup. Surely one of the other wiimores could have doubled up for setting selections for the mic. You need to have one asigned that does nothing but this. I would not mind if the wii mote was used in some way, but think its a huge con when its only used to select settings (which could be done on the drums or guitar).

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole View Post
          You need to have one asigned that does nothing but this.
          I know it doesn't help but this is how it is on PS2 as you obviously have less controllers.

Comment

I can't help but feel a bit ripped off, forking out ?150 on a band bundle then making wiimotes compulsary even though they are not needed for the mic. Shame on you Nintendo.

How the hell is this Nintendo's fault? They didn't make the game

It's a shame they don't let you use a Gamecube controller.
            They could have just as easily made a 3 in 1 usb dongle letting you connect 2 guitars + drums so they didn't need wiimotes in them. I'm not even sure what advantage having the Wiimote in there instead offers.

Comment

Get the Rock Band kit instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                How the hell is this Nintendo's fault? They didn't make the game

It's a shame they don't let you use a Gamecube controller.
                They could have just as easily made a 3 in 1 usb dongle letting you connect 2 guitars + drums so they didn't need wiimotes in them. I'm not even sure what advantage having the Wiimote in there instead offers.
                Perfectly aware Nintendo did not make either game. I did however hear that Nintendo had a stupid rule, to do with them forcing developers to have to include wii mote functionality with any addon. I thought it was down to this, that we got forced to asign a dormant wiimote to the mic in order to play the game. If true then a perfectly reason to gripe at Nintendo who have already got my cash for a classic controller (i could not use) fitness board, extra money for ninchucks and so on. Now they expect me to buy a third wiimote for it to lay dormant while i sing the the mic.

The Rock Band kit would not solve the problemm it is the software that required a wiimote to be assigned to the mic before it will let you use it.

Comment

It would solve the problem of course, because neither the drums or the guitar need a Wiimote on the Rock Band kit. Needing a Wiimote in the guitar and drums, that's the stupid bit in all of this, not needing a Wiimote for the mic (which is perfectly reasonable unless you're able to select songs etc. with the power of your mind?).

Edit: And I guess that means that this "rule" you speak of is probably made up too.
                  Last edited by Keith; 04-01-2009, 00:14.

Comment

I can't help but feel a bit ripped off, forking out £150 on a band bundle then making wiimotes compulsary even though they are not needed for the mic. Shame on you Nintendo.
                    WTF!? How is that Nintendo's fault?

Next folk will be blaming them for the weather or the credit crunch!

I did however hear that Nintendo had a stupid rule, to do with them forcing developers to have to include wii mote functionality with any addon.
                    Guess what? I once heard that if you eat your greens it makes your hair curly...
                    Last edited by Ady; 04-01-2009, 11:13.

Comment

But as pointed out of this was not the case then why the need for the Wiimote in the guitar and drums?

I understand the need for the wiimote, again this is not my issue. The issue is having to have one assigned to the drum kit, both guitars and the mic. Meaning if you want to play the whole band you need 4 wiimotes. Surely to save on numbers they could have let the band leader or one of the other players set up the settings for the mic.

This means if you want to play a full band as well as the ?159.99 RRP of the band bundle, you need to fork out another ?30 x 3 so another ?90.

All i am saying is are these wiimotes really needed or are they just adding what i suspect is extra cost to the bundle. After all the Xbox and PS3 versions do not require a pad for each instrament which again makes me think this is Nintendos doing.

Comment

It has nothing to do with nintendo it's a 3rd party game. If nintendo forced publishers do this then explain why joysound for the wii uses usb microphones & dosen't connect to any wii remotes thats made by a third party as well (Hudson soft) If nintendo enforced this rule then surely they would plug into the remotes?

I felt so ripped off when i spent £120 on the japanese launch of the wii, i opened the box to discover that they didnt provide me with a tv to play it on in the box, i mean jesus they expect me to shell out for everything
                        Last edited by importaku; 04-01-2009, 23:39.

Comment

I'm beginning to suspect some of these fecking game companies expect us to provide our own hands too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                            Guess what? I once heard that if you eat your greens it makes your hair curly...
                            That's bollocks! Greens? Everyone knows it's bread crusts that make your hair curly.

Comment

Shirley the fault lies with Activision for being pikey basts and piggy backing off the Wiimotes wireless connection instead of including their own. I thought GH3 cost less for the Wii because of this, but does GH:WT cost the same as the XBox and PS3 versions? Norty.

If there's a lesson in this - it's buy Rock Band. It's the only way to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X