Transfer D/L Games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer D/L Games.

Now that i am back in wii land i was wondering if nintendo had changed their policy with downloaded games.I remember from my previous wii that the games are locked to the console and not your account,is this still the same.

I have emailed nintendo to see if i can get my numerous games transferred to my new console but as usual with nintendo,no reply.

VC games remain native bto their system unless you use the rather dodgy homebrew channel.

Nintendo is working on many solutions at the oment, and this and the storage space issues are the main two, unfortunately the servers for the dlc oqnership exchange are not in place yet, and probably this will coincide with thier storage solution which is due to happen around spring.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately Nintendos failure to reply to emails(in my case) and the poor handling of d/l content when compared to the 360 and ps3 could be the reason some people turn to the homebrew channel.

Comment

Originally posted by JB@XL View Post
        Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately Nintendos failure to reply to emails(in my case) and the poor handling of d/l content when compared to the 360 and ps3 could be the reason some people turn to the homebrew channel.
        I agree, and I'm a bit dismayed that this has not been sorted yet, the only reason I am against the homebrew channel is that it's the main thing that is setting back the storage solution, as Nintendo are battling the situation on two front's. For legimate user's who need the storage, and at the same time, making sure there is no loophole that would enable these game's to just start being freely distributed and playable on any console with the homebrew channel.

The region fee channel's I have absolutely no problem with at all, as it is something that should be implemented anyway, but the storage solution is definetly being held back, as Nintendo tries to deliver a safe solution as well as one that cannot be cracked within a day. I'm still convinced that there will be a firmware update of some sort, and a channel for launching game's from sd card, and also that Nintendo may try to release some sort of sd card that has a security chip of some sort in it, or perhaps, and sd card with a slot on it for some sort of chip solution similar to an sd micro card.

Also, emailing nintendo is pretty pointless at the minute, they are inundated so I hear, try phoning them, and ask for the reapir guys. They used to have a very good repair department in the Uk, that actually used to know a bit about the Japanese consoles as well, and would fix problems if they could obtain the parts or had them.

Comment

If it's causing them so much work, why don't they just forget about it. The people that want to pay will pay (me) and the people that want to pirate will never pay anyway - they just want to try lots of games and not really play any of them properly - their loss.

As it stands, I've been locked into a UK shop region because I changed to it just before they locked it down and now I can't change back, so they won't be getting any more of my money.

So far every single disc console apart from the PS3 suffers from easy piracy (and many cart based ones too). It seems like such a waste of energy fighting it.
          Last edited by charlesr; 14-01-2009, 08:51.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            If it's causing them so much work, why don't they just forget about it. The people that want to pay will pay (me) and the people that want to pirate will never pay anyway - they just want to try lots of games and not really play any of them properly - their loss.

As it stands, I've been locked into a UK shop region because I changed to it just before they locked it down and now I can't change back, so they won't be getting any more of my money.

So far every single disc console apart from the PS3 suffers from easy piracy (and many cart based ones too). It seems like such a waste of energy fighting it.
            Good point, perhaps a site could approach Nintendo for a comment, as it really is starting to get disconcertign about hearing so many bad stories and experiences with this situation. as you say ebing a DVD based console, with USB ports, and a structure so similar to the gamecube, piracy will always be very easy on the system, and any system like it, and although I loathe piracy, I agree with people who have paid for titles and therefore own the Ip rights to them to be able to get the games on their consoles, which they have lost through no fault of their own.

Comment

Working...
            X