• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Personal GBA Resurrection Thread - previously known as Ninja 5 - 0

Has anyone got this?

What do they think of it?

It is supposed to be amazing.
    Last edited by ItsThere; 16-01-2009, 15:59. Reason: Change of thread Title

Yeah I've got it. It is indeed good. Not sure I'd use amazing, but it's very good for the GBA. Very reminiscent of the halcyon days of the arcades, Rygar, Strider, Bionic Commando... that kind of thing. The swinging mechanic is excellent.

I think it's so highly rated, that, to newcomers, it could be a slight anti-climax. I think the reason for the high rating is that it maybe came out of nowhere and didn't get much publicity around it's release. It certainly hits the right buttons for me, but I wouldn't have wanted to pay full RRP.

Comment

Yeah as gunrock says, it is very good but i think a little of the hype surrounding it is Radiant Silvergun-esque in that it's tied in with it's perceived rarity.
      Great little game though if you like your Shinobi style shenanigans Gets pretty tough later on too.

Comment

I've still got this somewhere. I remember it being quite good. A bit of a cross between Shinobi and Shadow Dancer on the Megadrive.

I didn't think it was that rare tbh.

Comment

It's not massively rare, but an original copy can be tricky to come by. What i meant is the fact that it's scarce has added to the reputation of the game a little

Comment

Interesting. Would be interesting in getting it but the only place it pops up is fleabay.

Comment

I thought it was tight and a very solid and playable game, nothing spectacular but it does stand out from all the shovelware that the gba got lumped with. The music or lack thereof sucks though, I think there's only 1 music track afair which really starts to grate after a while.

Comment

I would actualy say this game was deffinitley up there with the best GBA games, it was fantastic. Pretty challenging too.

Was a Shinobi beater IMO.

Dont think its overrated in the slightest to be honest, shame its so hard to get hold of now.
                Last edited by rmoxon; 16-01-2009, 12:09.

Comment

i'm glad to see such candid reviews here. I agree, it's a pretty decent game and probably deserved more attention than it got but to me it felt a bit samey and the graphics weren't up to much. It's certainly not the best gba game ever, not when you consider metroid fusion, zelda minish cap and mario and luigi rpg. now thems be real games!

Comment

Originally posted by boxhead View Post
                    i'm glad to see such candid reviews here. I agree, it's a pretty decent game and probably deserved more attention than it got but to me it felt a bit samey and the graphics weren't up to much. It's certainly not the best gba game ever, not when you consider metroid fusion, zelda minish cap and mario and luigi rpg. now thems be real games!
                    I got the impression it was more of a hidden or underrated gem that a stone cold AAA classic.

Comment

It's called Ninja Cop in Europe. Just so you know. Fantastic game, the uk version is incredibly hard to come by. They changed the name to cop because they would have figured us homies wouldn't get the Five-O reference.
                      Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 16-01-2009, 15:06.

Comment

So - as some of you may have noticed I am having a GBA MEGA PHUN TIME recently.

This thread shall now be dedicated to the late great GBA games I may have missed. What have you got?

Comment

donkey kong king of swing has some of the best gameplay available on the gba, and I'm sure Charles will back me up on this.

Comment

I sadly neglected the gba during its life only getting a small fraction of its games, but i managed to sample some of it's greats.

This is stuff i have & can recommend if you havent tried already.......

Made in wario
                            Sawaru made in wario
                            Mario advance 1-4 (some nice extras in each game)
                            Zelda minish cap
                            Bit generations (everything but boundish as thats crap)
                            Rhythm tengoku

Oh & theres this

Pyuu to fuku! jaguar Byo to Deru! Megane Kun

A bizarre action game that parodies various konami games & comes with a pair of polorizing 3d glasses that turn the game to 3d

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                              Interesting. Would be interesting in getting it but the only place it pops up is fleabay.
                              I'm pretty sure i have a spare (original) unboxed copy if you're interested in a trade for something?
                              Edit : I'll have to check next time i'm at the folks cos i have a nagging feeling now that i may have sold it some time back

I'd also recommend the GBA revamped version of Double Dragon btw, it's fantastic and just the kind of update i wish we'd see more of...
                              Last edited by Oh_Mutants; 16-01-2009, 18:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X