Game centre CX, anyone else watch this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game centre CX, anyone else watch this?

If your a fan of videogame tv shows then you might like this. I first discovered it when i was looking for ds games i came across an odd game called game centre cx, after enjoying the game rather a lot i was excited to discover that the game was based on a japanese tv show.

The show is hosted by a comedian called Shinya Arino. Each episode he is given a challenge & most of them are to complete a game from start to finish. It's rather fun watching him struggle as some of the games he has to complete are pretty hard, every so often one of his assistants will come in to help him.

The show is usually divided up into different sections, one of my fave parts is the lets goto a game centre. It give me a glimpse of what arcades were like as in the uk they are pretty much dead sometimes they find some great retro stuff.

Theres a pile of subtitled episodes on here & some that havent been done but to be honest they are easy to understand without subs.

Last edited by importaku; 16-01-2009, 23:09.

Most game shops in Japan will have a monitor playing this show, and I was tempted to get it but the cost of dvds in japan is ludicrous as you probably know. Thanks for pointing to the crunchy roll eps J. Sadly I can't go to that website without suffering horrible flashbacks from the time I tried to watch Zettai Kareshi. Urgh.

Comment

Arino is the RETRO GAMES MASTA! don't you know:

I've only seen one episode and it was unsubbed. They make Arino play some proper crap old Famicom platform game with an explorer-type character and lots of pixel-perfect jumps. It has some historical significance but I still can't recall the title (could have been by Namco or Sunsoft or someone like that).

Anyway, this game made I Wanna Be The Guy look well-balanced, and it took him about six hours to clear this one section. Arino grew visibly frustrated and wearied with it until, suddenly, he passed it - only for an enemy to spawn into the screen, Ninja Gaiden-style, and kill him mid jump
      Last edited by MattyD; 16-01-2009, 23:13. Reason: fixing youtube

Comment

OMG the engrish is killing me bless him for trying, he sounds very odd speaking english.

I hope the ds game does well when it comes out in the usa next month, it's a great tv show & hopefully it will make it to the west as fuji tv are looking for a distributor for their dvd box sets. Good job really as the japanese ones are made from some mythical material which is why they cost a bleeding fortune in japan, in many things they are ahead but dvd's isn't one of them their prices are like when dvd was first released in the uk.

Still tempted though, although to afford all 5 box sets i may have to take out a loan.

Comment

Quite enjoying this now, but most of the episodes on crunchy roll are for games I don't know, or haven't played yet and I don't want to see all the levels before I do! Are there any more episodes out there somewhere? There aren't any on tudou which surprised me.

It's making me want to play all the games he is! Last night I spent ages playing sonic and watching CX at the same time. It seems I'm even crappier than arino.

Comment

Theres a few more on google video if you search ゲームセンターCX it will bring them up, there used to be loads online but fuji tv got the ones on youtube taken off.

Hehe yeah i find i want to play the stuff he is just to see how i compare, hehe gouls & ghosts really kicked his ass. He had to get so much help on that one.

Comment

yeah, i've never got past the first red aremer. I fancied getting out the famicom mini version again after watching CX but... no way. too hard.

Comment

Working...
              X