Guy on the Japanese Dreamcast box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy on the Japanese Dreamcast box

Been meaning to ask, or even look this up, for ages now... but who's the guy on the Japanese Dreamcast box?

edit: The box I have is like this. http://www.dreamcastgallery.com/dc/g...d_console_id=8

But only has that guy on the back of the box... doesn't have any of the other "sega directors". Who is he?!
    Last edited by ChrisF; 20-01-2009, 10:59.

That's Mr Yukawa. I'm not sure what his role was in Sega but you can unlock the ability to find him in Shenmue. I've done it once in the past, it involves getting his figure(s) from the raffle before a certain date and visiting a restaurant and he will be in there.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he was president of Sega Japan. The image of him on the 1st run of Japanese DC's was from a slapstick ad they did with him in when it first launched.

I think he died a good few years ago though.

Comment

Ah, cheers for that guys.

I think it's a fantastic photo and has made me laugh so many times. It's just the way that he looks totally oblivious to the photo being taken, like it was taken by someone trying to catch him out for benefit fraud or something (well, you know what I mean!)

Comment

I think they were basically a series of adverts joking about Sega's dropping position in Japan at the time, promoting the Dreamcast.

Comment

Good link:

Hidekazu Yukawa (AKA Mr. Sega) was the Senior Managing Director of Sega during the Dreamcast era.

Comment

He was Managing Director, Shoichiro Irimajiri and Isao Okawa were the Presidents of Sega during the Dreamcast days

Originally posted by Blade Runner View Post
              That's Mr Yukawa. I'm not sure what his role was in Sega but you can unlock the ability to find him in Shenmue. I've done it once in the past, it involves getting his figure(s) from the raffle before a certain date and visiting a restaurant and he will be in there.
              I think you could actually speak to him in the restaurant in the JPN version as well, they cut it out of the western release unfortunately.
              Last edited by Phar; 20-01-2009, 15:16.

Comment

You could chase him in a QTE in the What's Shenmue demo disc as well, and it includes a shot of him at the end of him depressed over the unsold Dreamcasts that Shenmue was going to help push. How things could have been...

Comment

Working...
                X