White PS3 controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White PS3 controller

My controller is slowing changing colour from white to pink where I have been holding it! Is this normal!?
    It's quite a new controller too.

I've had mine a while now & it's still white. Puzzling. Not mixing gaming & strawberry milkshake are ya?

Comment

No it's really odd.. It is actually turning pink by the day. In fact it looks like it has been spray painted pink just where I have touched it.

I thought it was meant to happen or something.. odd

Comment

If it was yellowing I'd expoect it is as white plastic is a pain for that but as it's pink and where you're hands are I'd guess it's something transferring. Not handling anything during the day that might be tracing over red/pink colouring?

Comment

No nothing. I can't explain it.

Comment

I've done a quick search and there's not much on this, most likely cause seems to be a glitch in the coating spray when the controller was manufactured causing it to react with the oils etc from the users hands

Comment

I think this happened to some wii motes a while back. Will take a look.

Comment

I'll take a picture and post it.

Comment

Odd don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post

Odd don't you think?
                    Awesome! Must be pink plastic and the white coating is poor quality or perhaps you use moisturizer/aftershave that reacts?

I was expecting it to be a tiny hint of pink, but that really is VERY pink!

Comment

Yeah that is the same as this!

Very odd problem - it makes you look like you have a super limited edition console though

Comment

Weird, got 3 White controllers and thats never happened, how long you had the controller for.

Comment

Stick it on ebay. Youd probably make a small fortune ("one off prototype PS3 controller - RARE!@!?!")

Comment

Originally posted by tom-nook View Post
                            Stick it on ebay. Youd probably make a small fortune ("one off prototype PS3 controller -
                            Thats exactly what I was going to say.

Special one off ltd Edition version

Lol

Comment

I've only used it for about 2 months. Oddly though it only started happening within the last couple of weeks. Perhaps I'm mutating into some weird slime creature which by my skin gives off some pink colourant to anything I touch.. Or perhaps It's just a rare coating defect of the controller.

Sell on ebay? It's my only controller

The pink on the controller is only where I have touched it. So, on places around the shoulder buttons and grips.
                              Last edited by Supergoal; 26-01-2009, 12:09.

Comment

Working...
                              X