Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOM editor pre 2005? rare N64 games related.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOM editor pre 2005? rare N64 games related.

I really dont know where to ask this...

Anyone know the name of the UK NOM editor pre 2005? It was Dave something. He was bald and had glasses.

The reason I ask is I Emailed Nintendo Official Magazine in early 2000 inquiring as to why I couldn't find a copy of THPS for the N64 anywhere.

I was told by then editor... Dave... that there were probably less then 1000 in circulation in the UK and only larger stores would have stocked it.

The game feature a lot of music and videos clips, which put production cost of the cartage up beyond the usual price. The game had already been available on the PlayStation for over a year with good sales figures. This resulted in a very limited number of the N64 version being created for Europe market.

I dont have the Email anymore... but I just cant find the guys name anywhere online. Anyone know it?

Dave Duval?

No, don't think it was. Did you get THPS though?

Comment

Are you sure that is right?

If so THANK YOU!

Yus, I own two copies. I had to buy two as one had no manual and the other had a ripped sticker. So now I have one nice combo... thing is I don?t think people really know how rare it is.

Edit: Google brings up a golfer... were you joking with me?
      Last edited by Jakeway; 28-01-2009, 20:45.

Comment

Sorry mate, was being a fool. Dave Duval is Del Boy's pseudonym when he joins the dating agency.

"Steak meal guaranteed".

I was just curious about THPS. I had the US version, had a blue cart. Did the PAL one too?

Comment

Nope PAL was normal colour. It was called Tony Hawks Skateboarding in the EU too... not Tony Hawks Pro Skater, like in the US.

Comment

I bet NOM gave it 137% regardless, they were a useless and horribly biased magazine. A bad game would get 95%

Comment

Dave McComb?

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                I bet NOM gave it 137% regardless, they were a useless and horribly biased magazine. A bad game would get 95%
                QFT. LOL!

I will never forgive NOM for fooling me into sellotaping a 2p coin to the top of my Mortal Kombat cartridge to help unlock the hidden blood cheat - which of course did not exist cos it was a crazy April Fool joke!!

What a stoopid kid i woz

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
                  Sorry mate, was being a fool. Dave Duval is Del Boy's pseudonym when he joins the dating agency.

"Steak meal guaranteed".
                  I LOL'd IRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeway View Post
                    Nope PAL was normal colour. It was called Tony Hawks Skateboarding in the EU too... not Tony Hawks Pro Skater, like in the US.
                    I had a second hand copy of this and it had the Red Bar on the packaging like the OZ versions, was the UK one like this or had I ended up with an import.

I didn't think that the N64 version had the videos on it? I certainly remember it had clips of the songs instead of the full songs too.

Comment

Seems like you had an import Boris, as both mine have black stripes.

I can?t recall if it had videos or not. I finished the game on the PS, N64, DC and Ngage. I also finished TH2 on all three console formats and the GBA. So they?ve kind of blended together in my mind. I do recall some awful grainy video footage and some clean footage... but maybe this was the difference between the PS and the DC?

I do also recall the N64 version had looped, shortened, tinny music... and the Ngage version would take ages to load if you had the music on or changed songs.

One of the N64 version may have had a video intro. I do remember some footage made up of in game models doing runs, but I can?t recall if that was on the credits or was a replacement for the lacking videos. If my N64 was set up I?d pop the cart in and find out, but it is all boxed up.
                      Seems unlikely the N64 would have 100mb of MPEG video (or whatever) on the cart, but RE2 on the N64 kept all of it GC clips. That was yet another low run, expensive, N64 game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeway View Post
                        RE2 on the N64 kept all of it GC clips. That was yet another low run, expensive, N64 game.
                        Yes but the quality was very poor, especially how the game was released at around a similar time as Resident Evil 3 and Code Veronica came out in the PS and DC.

Comment

Working...
                        X