No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think so, as long as they have an SOCD cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Are hitboxes allowed at fighting game competitions these days?
      Surely the more pressing question being "Is there anything worth playing at fighting game competitions these days?".

I need a stick (more like two matching ones) for my MiSTer, but I'm not sure what to go for. Whatever it is they need to be adapted with either a Daemonbite or a Brook board. I don't need eight buttons. Enough vertical space for Happ switches is a must as well.

I'd really like a couple of old DC arcade sticks which I could utterly mod the arse out of, but those are really hard to find.

Comment

Strive, SFV, Tekken, Melty, Granblue, KoFXV... the FGC eating well man. DNF Duel, Blazing Strike, Project L, Phantom Breaker and SF6 on the horizon. We out here

Comment

I'm proper bumming SFZ3 at the minute, but I can't play on Turbo speed without a stick. That's fine, mind. It still plays great on Normal with a pad.

Looking at my trolley here I'd love to somehow add a shelf or harness that can sturdily hold two sticks while taking a battering.

Comment

I've been paying Third Strike. I totally missed this the first time around. It's a cracker.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              I think so, as long as they have an SOCD cleaner.
              Ah, I've been out of the loop for a few years; HBs were very new when I last looked at them and there was something of an ongoing controversy.

It seems this SOCD Cleaner fixes the problem people had, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Ah, I've been out of the loop for a few years; HBs were very new when I last looked at them and there was something of an ongoing controversy.

It seems this SOCD Cleaner fixes the problem people had, though.
                Yeah I think even Daigo was using a dodgy controller for a bit there:

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                I've been paying Third Strike. I totally missed this the first time around. It's a cracker.
                One of us, one of us. Third Strike really comes into its own when played offline vs human opponents. Had a blast last time I visited FreePlayCity.

Comment

I really really wish Fightpads had as much choices as sticks, i could never get the hang of sticks but have tried many pads, Madcatz fight pads I did like though still much could be improved on as quality is not great. I have heard there are newer Hori fight pads so may give that a try

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                    I really really wish Fightpads had as much choices as sticks, i could never get the hang of sticks but have tried many pads, Madcatz fight pads I did like though still much could be improved on as quality is not great. I have heard there are newer Hori fight pads so may give that a try
                    I have the Hori Fighting Commander for PS4 and it's great:

I bought mine new from Amazon five years ago for 20 quid but they've shot up in price since then.

I prefer my 8bitdo M30's dpad but the Hori buttons are all nice and large. It works on PS3/PS4/PC(Xinput).

Comment

I had a different version a while back was not bad but much prefer the floating D-pad rather than the cross ones as to me they feel more comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                        I had a different version a while back was not bad but much prefer the floating D-pad rather than the cross ones as to me they feel more comfortable
                        Same here. My thumb moves from the middle of the cross to the edges and they start to dig in. With floating dpads my thumb always sits in the middle because I don’t need to use as much pressure.

Comment

This is the one I hope to get next https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wired-Contr...s%2C283&sr=8-9

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            Yeah I think even Daigo was using a dodgy controller for a bit there
                            Maybe; but that's the thing with FGC - if they offered an advantage and weren't explicitly against the rules, fighting game culture says that he - and everyone, really - should use them.

But I always saw that sort of hitbox as like if tomorrow, someone found that you could get a competitive advantage by playing Tekken 7 with a Guitar Hero controller. It might be true, but I simply don't want to do that - and if I went to a competition and everyone was doing that, then I'd start to feel as though I don't want to bother.

I'm fine with them in their current incarnation if those things which made them genuinely better than other controllers have been fixed (namely the ability to press multiple opposed directions at once, which is literally impossible on a stick).

Comment

So I recently bought a Pico Pi for an upcoming GameCube IPL replacement modification and decided to try out this GP2040 game controller code on it for funsies and wow, it works really well. It only really works for basic devices but considering I only really use my PS4 stick with my PC and MiSTer it is a really nice solution if you just need a basic PCB that can be adapted, fully support xinput too. I already ordered another for some other reason but I'm pondering the idea of grabbing another and one of those Astro City mini sticks with the notoriously bad PCB and merging the two.

Gamepad firmware for Raspberry Pi Pico and other RP2040 microcontrollers supporting Nintendo Switch, XInput and DirectInput - FeralAI/GP2040

Comment

I discovered something “magical” today:

I have a Mayflash Magic S Pro (discontinued) which claims to support PS4 consoles. However, a certain PS4 system update started disconnecting unlicensed controllers after eight minutes - something about not having the Bluetooth decryption key - and, while Brook released firmware updates to counter this, Mayflash never seemed to.

Fast-forward to this morning and I’m mulling over the 8bitdo Arcade Stick, which is Switch and Xinput only.

Just for a laugh I connect the Magic S Pro to my my PS5, pair it with my 8bitdo M30 Bluetooth, fire up Ultra SF4(PS4) and…

…not even a hiccup during an hour-long session

I didn’t update the Mayflash firmware or anything so fingers crossed Sony don’t decide to update it out of commission!

Comment

Working...
                                X