An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
    Buy a Hori RAP N or Kai/V, swap the stock parts out with the Sanwa from the F300. Job done.

Ha, yeah I don't have that to spare right now. I have until June when SF6 comes out, so will keep in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Ha, yeah I don't have that to spare right now. I have until June when SF6 comes out, so will keep in mind.
      I’ve had a massive hiatus from gaming, tempted back with SF6 on the horizon, so bought a PS5 only to find out my TE2 (modded) isn’t supported, I fitted the Brook Universal Fight Board originally, so I bought the UP5 and it works a charm. You would need to buy both to update your stick, you are looking at £140 to buy both

Last edited by chojin; 08-01-2023, 11:20.

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
        you are looking at £140 to buy both
        Might as well just buy a new stick at that price!!!

Comment

Might as well just buy a new stick at that price!!!
          Suppose that depends on what your stick preference is, I fitted the UFB years ago, so for me £54.99 to breath life into my trusty TE2 was a no brainer… I briefly looked at PS5 sticks and the only one I fancied was the Victrix, that’s re-mortgage territory

Comment

Suppose that depends on what your stick preference is, I fitted the UFB years ago, so for me £54.99 to breath life into my trusty TE2 was a no brainer… I briefly looked at PS5 sticks and the only one I fancied was the Victrix, that’s re-mortgage territory
            True. It does look nice though. I've somehow managed to spend nearly £1k on sticks and parts since the start of November though!

Comment

True. It does look nice though. I've somehow managed to spend nearly £1k on sticks and parts since the start of November though!
              Bloody hell

I like the Quanba Obsidan that again is expensive…

Comment

Bloody hell

Still less than half of what my VLX and parts cost me!!!

Comment

Bloody hell

I've got the Obsidian and really like it, real nice stick. Unfortunately it cost more than I would have liked, I assume due to import/customs fees from AWUK. $200 Stateside.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    I've got the Obsidian and really like it, real nice stick. Unfortunately it cost more than I would have liked, I assume due to import/customs fees from AWUK. $200 Stateside.
                    I want one now!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      MAYFLASH Arcade Stick F300 Elite
                      I've got the F500 Elite and use one of the MagicBoots USB dongles with my PS4 Pro:

Was hoping that would also work with a PS5, when I eventually get around to buying one, but not so sure now. The Magic-S Ultimate thing seems a lot more cumbersome in comparison.

Comment

Ah, looks like it will work with a PS5: https://www.mayflash.com/FAQ/How_to_...eries_X_S.html

Comment

So your Magic Boots should work? Let me know if that's the case. Test a PS4 (on PS5) and PS5 game.

Comment

This is a good video I found where the guy tries the Mayflash Magic USB adapter as well as their F500 Elite arcade stick on the PS5. He specifically uses the PS5 version of KOFXV working with some combinations and throwing up the “controller not supported” message with others:

Comment

Thanks for that. This video (posted by Mayflash) shows an F500 working on a PS5 (playing a PS5 game) using either the Magic-S Ultimate or a Magicboots (presumably the PS4 one as AFAIK there isn't a PS5 one):

Comment

I will probably pick up the Ultimate and give it a whirl.

Comment

Working...
                                X