No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Madcatz stock parts for the SF4 stick aren't great. I've got one and the buttons are already starting to stick. I have ordered a TE stick, but I really think that the Hori Fighting Stick EX2 is better than the standard Madcatz offering out of the box.

Comment

I wish there was a simple solution for a retro artwork mod.

I'd love something like this ...

Comment

I wondering if there's a decent way to get artwork onto my Hori FS3. Anyone know of any good quality and fairly simple ways?

I made a mock up of the art and colour scheme I'm after. This mock up is a quick one thrown together without any of the proper measurements worked out etc.

I'd like to know how to make this possible.

Comment

Does it actually say stereo-of-the-art on the originals? Crikey!

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
            Does it actually say stereo-of-the-art on the originals? Crikey!
            Sure does!

Comment

Hoolak,

There's a guy on Arcade Otaku called Nikos69 who's producing custom overlays for Arcade & Hori Sticks.

Not cheap @ ?25 plus shipping from France but he might be able to help you out...

You might need to be registered to see the sales thread though

I'm still considering his Ibara one for my EX2.

Neil

Comment

Thanks man, I gots excited. However after PMing him about my needs he replied...

I'm sorry but i don't have the FS3 layout, so i can't help you.

Comment

Arse that sucks

I actually thought the FS3 was the same rough shape as the EX2

Sorry about that.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                    Class!!

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                      LOL

Reminds me of the original Gameboy. My mate read the 'dot matrix with stereo sound' bit as 'do not mix with stereo sound' and was very excited when telling me how he defied Nintendo's warning by plugging his GB into his hifi

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                        LOL

My mate read the 'dot matrix with stereo sound' bit as 'do not mix with stereo sound' and was very excited when telling me how he defied Nintendo's warning by plugging his GB into his hifi
                        haha class.

Comment

Just need the art sorted and I'll be all set to get underway..!

Comment

Do you not need to file the button holes like with the DC stick? I've seen a few guides on the EX2 and I think they just involve removing the little tabs in the metal.

I'm assuming swapping for Sanwa bits involves completely removing the artwork?

Comment

Just need to file down the tabs, I'm gonna strip off the current art and try and attached some lamenated art FurryGreenMonster has adapted for me. I'll post pics as I go.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                                Just need to file down the tabs, I'm gonna strip off the current art and try and attached some lamenated art FurryGreenMonster has adapted for me. I'll post pics as I go.
                                I'm gonna have a go at modding my Ex2 over the next week so it would be good to hear how difficult it is to do. Hopefully it'll look something like this when finished:

Comment

Working...
                                X