No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if its confirmed for the UK yet but the USA release of Tekken 6 has a collectors edition which supposidly comes with a WIRELESS Hori stick.

£150 bundle:
    Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

pic o stick:

Comment

Nice to see it's not yet another rebadged DOA stick.

Comment

Still haven't recieved my case yet,contacted the seller 3 times now and not had a single reply ,this is nearly three weeks.

Found out he trades on ebay as well ,http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/mini2004alf/ last feed back he left was dated yesterday,so i know he's not dead.

But i can't bloody message the bloke due to new rules ebay implemented after i closed my old account months ago and opened a new one tonight.

@@@@@@@@@@@@
        We have determined you are trying to contact an eBay member with whom you are not currently involved in an open transaction. For the protection of the eBay community, we sometimes block these types of communication. To prevent this occurrence from happening in the future, we recommend the following:

If you are a seller, respond to all bidder questions before the auction ends.

If you are trying to contact the seller of an item that has not yet ended go to the item page and click the ?Ask seller a question? link.

If you are the winning buyer of an item go to your My eBay page under the items I?ve Won section. Click the action drop down menu and choose the ?contact seller? action.

If you are a seller trying to contact your winning buyer, go to My eBay and under the Items I?ve Sold section, click the action drop down menu. Choose the ?contact buyer? action.

Reply to seller/bidder through personal email provider (if the sender has not hidden their email address).

Thank you for your understanding
        @@@@@@

riiiggght ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

It's letting me message him I think. At least, I'm on the page with the message box and security digits. Not sure if it'll pop up the rules after I click Send, though.

Funny thing, the feedback is for an A4 perspex sheet just like he uses for the sticks! Maybe that's for yours?

I also haven't had a response from the guy although in my case it was just some questions about the stick casings, not an actual order.

I wonder if eBay's rule is because your account is so new. If so, I could message him on your behalf if you like, you could just pm me with the wording.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
            I'm not sure if its confirmed for the UK yet but the USA release of Tekken 6 has a collectors edition which supposidly comes with a WIRELESS Hori stick.

?150 bundle:
            Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

pic o stick:
            http://sdtekken.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/sdt_360.jpg
            Looks like it is coming to the UK: http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showpost.p...4&postcount=51

I like the idea of a wireless stick. Anyone know if it's more like a RAP or an EX2 (hoping the former given the price)?

Comment

I've decided not to build a new stick. Instead I'll just remod my existing SUPER DUPER RYU STICK for 360 use, seeing as the opportunites for using it on a PS2/3 are getting slimmer every day now.

Hopefully I'll be able to rewire it for the 360 while retaining the LED function. I'm not bothered about the guide button LEDs, I doubt I'd need them at all, although I may try positioning the pcb directly behind Ryu in the hope he'll get lit up by the green. But maybe that'll look silly because then his top-left will always be glowing green!

I'm also thinking about dual-modding to retain the PS2/3 functionality just in case. If I do that I'd like to fit a switch that swaps the buttons around when using a USB converter so I don't have to keep changing my buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                I've decided not to build a new stick. Instead I'll just remod my existing SUPER DUPER RYU STICK for 360 use, seeing as the opportunites for using it on a PS2/3 are getting slimmer every day now.

Hopefully I'll be able to rewire it for the 360 while retaining the LED function. I'm not bothered about the guide button LEDs, I doubt I'd need them at all, although I may try positioning the pcb directly behind Ryu in the hope he'll get lit up by the green. But maybe that'll look silly because then his top-left will always be glowing green!

I'm also thinking about dual-modding to retain the PS2/3 functionality just in case. If I do that I'd like to fit a switch that swaps the buttons around when using a USB converter so I don't have to keep changing my buttons.

I'll have to have a look at this dual modding option,ps and maybe buy a cheapo xbox pad (original xbox)and just hack of the end and rewire it with a standard usb socket!

srk and slagcoin for the dual mod tuts?

Looks like your pm did the trick buddy,received a believable reply for the delay with my mini case,from the bloke,says it went in the post, 1st class,this morning!

Still going to get one of these ps namco arcade sticks to mod.

Comment

Good to hear that, I was wondering if he'd reply or not!

As for the tuts, I just googled xbox 360 dual mod or something like that. Once I get down to it I'll make a not of all the tuts I used

Comment

Gave my Saturn Arcade Stick Pro a quick clean (all it needed) and took some pics if anyone is interested.

Case, top and bottom.

Unlike candy cabs the inlay cover is plastic instead of glass and the metal bars are just glued on and don't loop round the cover. A large metal base screws on the bottom.

CP rear.

Buttons are soldered but they are still in very good condition so I'll be leaving them and I'll de-solder the boards when any need replacing. CP is arcade stock.

Control board rear.

All the switches are perfectly wired into standard headers so all I'll need to do is hopefully find a pre-made T junction header extenders or just bodge some so I can keep all the original electronics stock. All nicely labelled as well.

Control Board front.

Just the two micro controllers to convert to Saturn.

Comment

I see a new batch of the HRAP EX-SE is due in October (up for pre-order on amazon.com now).

Comment

I already preordered from arcadeshock

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I see a new batch of the HRAP EX-SE is due in October (up for pre-order on amazon.com now).

What's the difference between that and the standard RAP EX? Seimitsu buttons/stick? I think it's still wired.

Aesthetically, I prefer the standard EX (goes better with my Elite ). Wouldn't mind the wireless aspect of the Tekken stick though. Choices, choices......

Comment

Apart from the casing colour, thr EX-SE has SEimitsu stick & buttons, plus top panel access.

Comment

Is the barrel shaped object a headphone/microphone adaptor block or something?

Comment

Yeah, its for plugging the headset into. Pretty lame having it there, actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X