No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mines. Round 2 stick- so if I'm reading it right, that Kitty mod would make it work on, like, anything?

If only I knew how to do it

Comment

The installation instructions should make short work of your lack of understanding.

They're excellent solutions tbh, no soldering necessary.

Comment

Hmmm. So what kind of things are we talking if no soldering...? I'm useless with this stuff and dont want to bork my stick haha

Comment

Unplugged and replugging modular connectors.

Comment

No stripping and twisting wires and all that ****e? Ooooo sounds interesting.

Don't laugh at me Speedy I'm a noob

Comment

I believe only the stripping of wire to put into a screw terminal for the USB cable is required of those pieces of hardware.

Comment

Far too much effort.

Comment

I know someone who's willing to do the hard work for you, MrK:

Comment

How'd you get a picture of me haha

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                      Any old IKEA/Argos shelf would do. Just need to chop the necessary hole on top and screw the panel in after you've connected and tided up your wiring.

God that's a phenomenal idea.

Comment

Finally after weeks of messing about my super duper PC-Engine stick is finished and fully functioning. It all got a wee bit on the complicated side....

It should really have only been this complicated plus the pad hack -

So we've got a mode selectable stick, either 2 or 6 button. You can't just keep it in six button mode as some games won't recognise it, so needs a switch fitting. Also on the side the other two black switches are for rapid fire on the I and II buttons which is a wee essential on some shmups. The two white side buttons are run and select, while the small yellow button on top also functions as run. Everything fitted is Sanwa, my parts of choice. Just need to get some wee labels for all the switches now.

Big thanks to Speedlolita as always, as every time I build a stick he makes up the pad hack for me.
                        Last edited by Colin; 05-09-2014, 19:09.

Comment

Glad you got the run button sorted Colin. Sorry again for overlooking that!

Stick looks kickass and the functionality looks great too.

Comment

Gorgeous!

I miss my stick but I didn't have the heart to ask my mate who just arrived on holiday if he could bring it

Comment

Anyone tried the new hori v4?

Comment

Isn't that literally just a V3/VX-SA with a PS4 PCB?

Comment

Working...
                                X