Giving up gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
    To be honest, when I started university, I contemplated the whole 'giving up gaming' thing as I was introduced to a new set of priorities, and other things in life which struck me as more important.
    "I discovered the abundance of cheap, easy fanny."

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
    Fast foward a few months and I'm very much back into gaming.
    "Had enough flange for a whole life-time"

Ahh, university...

Comment

I'm downsizing (again). Anything that I haven't played in months or intend to play in the near future will go. I've turned all casual and tbh I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
        I guess, but any time I see anyone fully into wow they are pretty much socially inept or cutting off everything else just to play wow. its like an addiction. I don't play many online games though, I think its a poor substitute for decent 1p experiences, or whatever. So many games have a 10 hour 1p campaign and 'endless hours of multiplayer fun' which I never bother with.
        This was my problem with WoW, and ultimately Boris' problem with his hobby. Only mine didn't cost around £40 each time the next big Xbox Live hype was released.

Compare my time spent on WoW with Boris' time spent on XBL and there won't be much difference.

I miss WoW loads for the game it was, even if it had an offline 1-player 'mercenaries' mode it would be just as addictive. but like I said it's unrealistic trying to adapt it to a normal living schedule. It's something for the dole-dossers or lottery winners only.

Like Soi says: Get rid of everything apart from one or two games, namely Halo 3 and GoW2. Play for a few hours during the week and then possibly put a little more time in at weekends. I can't possibly put more time in than that myself thesedays if I'm not to waste all this money I'm spending on the gym, supplements and masses of food. I've found nothing sorts your self-discipline out more than exercise.
        Last edited by dataDave; 05-02-2009, 10:34.

Comment

Cripes.

I don't think I'm anywhere near that amount, I spend maybe 2 hours every other night and sometimes I have a longer sessions. I'm just not feeling it at the moment.

Most of the time I just have it on in the background and I'm looking at the forum constantly pressing refresh in the vain hope something that interests me me be discussed.
          Last edited by EvilBoris; 05-02-2009, 12:12.

Comment

Well for someone's who's "not feeling it", you're still playing videogames quite a lot. I don't really see the problem here. If you're enjoying your sessions, keep playing. If not, stop playing. If you need space or money, sell stuff. If not, don't. When you feel like playing again, play.

Comment

Go camping mate, in a forest, big fire,barbaque, friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilotwings View Post
                Go camping mate, in a forest, big fire,barbaque, friends.
                In this country? In this climate?

I lol'd

Comment

Willy warmer

Comment

2009 is way too Juicy to quit playing games.

Last year was my year off, now this year I am going to go crazy and try to complete as many games as possible.

I don't suffer from not being able to put the control pad down tho, which is good.
                    I still get my stuff done.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilotwings View Post

Willy warmer
                      Have that in your Google history...............

Comment

My dad got one for christmas once!

Comment

Working...
                        X