Using Japanese WiiWare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Japanese WiiWare

Anyone know how to download stuff from the Japanese WiiWare service?

Can I use a UK credit card? Is there an online guide somewhere to get through the menus?

Follow our gamepointsnow banner to get 50p off some Japanese Wii points.

Or click here:

Comment

Not to discredit Charles' recommendation but yeah, you can use a UK credit card. It's pretty straightforward to add points, and I would imagine it's the same layout and steps to follow as on a UK Wii. Failing that a little bit of katakana knowledge / trial and error goes a long way.

Thankfully I've not had to do this since the £ -> Yen went crummy.

Comment

Thanks guys. Will give it a try tonight. I'm desperate to play Pole's Big Adventure.

Comment

Just make sure you don't buy it as a present for someone else. I almost did this in a rush before gettin Contra.

Comment

I'll take some pics for you & translate them, it's worth it to play poles big adventure im currently in love with it.

Comment

Goto shopping channel, click option below wiiware button this is to add points. Uk visa card is fine as thats what i use.

Select payment method & then select how many points you want. You will get to this screen then.

After entering your details you will get a comfirmation screen asking you if everythings ok after you select yes the points will be added to your wii.

Right to buy select wiiware & then you'll see 4 boxes select top right one which is new releases, Pole adventure should be at the top of the list.

Once selected you'll get this screen where you choose to buy.

Just select yes to confim after it tells you all the stuff like blocks required & points used, it should then go download after its finished & you get the nintendo warning screen with the conditions on select right option to coninue & thats it youve bought your first game.

Comment

Cheers, mate. That is going to be extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time to do it. You rule.

Comment

No probs if you get stuck just let us know. Once you get the hang of where everything is on the various screens you'll find it pretty easy.

Comment

this might sound as a silly question, but how can you log in to the Japanese store on a pal wii? I just got a wii but most of the titles I'm interested in are not in the pal stores (yet).
                    thanks a bunch!

Comment

You can't.

At least there was a way but I don't think that works anymore.

Comment

Are there any reliable websites that email Japanese wiiware codes?
                        Wanted to get that new muscle game but only have 700 points =_=

Doesn't seem like gamepointsnow does Japanese points anymore =_=

Comment

Do you have a credit card? If so you can use that on a japanese wii to buy points instead.

I just splashed out on 3000 tonight using my uk credit card & it works fine.

Comment

Unfortunately not, only have a debit card and paypal :P

Comment

Have you checked your pms?

Comment

Working...
                              X