Too many games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many games

I am one person who loves big video game releases ala MGS4, Soul Calibur IV, GTA IV etc. Yesterday though I felt really annoyed, and although I am aware I can make choices when to buy games and don`t have to buy every game, too many at the same time frustrates me. I went into my local Yodobashi Camera yesterday only to be made aware that Feb 12th SFIV, Feb 26th Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 (Yakuza 3) and Biohazard 5 5th March. Now I am really excited by these and at least 2 are guaranteed to be brilliant but my point is why release them all near enough in the same month??? Especially the two Capcom games why not stagger them as I and I`m guessing a few other people don`t have the time nor money to buy them and play them all in one month.

Opinions please
    Last edited by JU!; 11-02-2009, 03:36.

Agreed, I have yet to pick up Mirror's Edge after the nightmare that was last november.. would have been getting it in the next couple of weeks but then Killzone 2 is coming along so I won't be. I'm also being forced to pass on SFIV.

Comment

Just...don't buy them the same month. You can't play them all simultaneously anyway. Buy one of them then buy another one when you finish it or tire of it sufficiently. It's cheaper, too :\/

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
        I am one person who loves big video game releases ala MGS4, Soul Calibur IV, GTAIV etc. Yesterday though I felt really annoyed, and although I am aware I can make choices when to buy games and don`t have to buy every game, too many at the same time frustrates me. I went into my local Yodobashi Camera yesterday only to be made aware that Feb 12th SFIV, Feb 26th Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 (Yakuza 3) and Biohazard 5 5th March. Now I am really excited by these and at least 2 are guaranteed to be brilliant but my point is why release them all near enough in the same month??? Especially the two Capcom games why not stagger them as I and I`m guessing a few other people don`t have the time nor money to buy them and play them all in one month.

Opinions please
        To be honest that is absolutely nothing and quite tame compared to the usual Late october till Early December crazy period in the West. With many BIG releases on the same day, and loads within a month of each other!

I for one praise capcom for using the Q1 of the year as a launch window instead of Q4, it's a quiet period, money has a chance to build up after christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
          To be honest that is absolutely nothing and quite tame compared to the usual Late october till Early December crazy period in the West. With many BIG releases on the same day, and loads within a month of each other!

I for one praise capcom for using the Q1 of the year as a launch window instead of Q4, it's a quiet period, money has a chance to build up after christmas.
          I agree with your point, as such my plan now is to buy SFIV and Biohazard 5 day of release and as much as it pains me, buy Ryu ga gotoku once Biohazard 5 is done and dusted. I still feel there is no need for this congestion though but as you state maybe the West in December is crazier.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
            Agreed, I have yet to pick up Mirror's Edge after the nightmare that was last november.. would have been getting it in the next couple of weeks but then Killzone 2 is coming along so I won't be. I'm also being forced to pass on SFIV.
            Thank god I don`t like FPS games so much I shudder to think spending over 30,000 Yen (over 100 pounds) on games in about a 1 month.

Comment

I haven't even finished all the games I got for christmas yet, but I've got Fear 2 on the way this week, then Resi 5 and Mad World both next month. And L4D is still taking up a lot of my gaming time. On the bright side, that does mean I'll probably have enough games to string out over the summer...

Comment

Working...
              X