Where to spend these points then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to spend these points then?

Right having a Wii week at the mo, and have a spare 1700 points left out of the 5000.
    Whilst being limited to a PAL system I purchased:
    Star Soldier R "Wii Ware" Superb
    Bomberman "Wii Ware" Outstanding!
    Alex Kidd "Master system" Old Skool
    Ninja Commando "NeoGeo" Ninja Old Skool
    My Aquarium "Wii Ware" For GF

Im tempted by Star Parodier (PCE) or Space Invaders get even more so as the Wii Ware stuff has been pretty hot tbh?

Other titles I have are:

PCE
    R-Type
    Gate of thunder
    Bomberman 93
    Bonk 3
    Air zonk
    Soldier blade

NES
    Donkey kong
    Bubble bobble
    Double dragon
    Ninja gaiden

SNES
    R-Type 3

N64
    Mariokart 64

Master System
    Alex the kidd

MD
    Alex the kidd
    Altered beast
    Streets of rage
    Streets of rage III
    Shinobi III

NeoGeo
    KOF 94

The lack of Super metroid, Paper mario, Donkey kong country, Super mario bros 3, Mario world, any of the zeldas, secret of mana is quite shocking/dissapointing! They're all top notch games worth playing (even if you've played them before) way better than that alex kidd and altered beast nonsense

Comment

Star Parodier (900), which is a cracking game, and Secret of Mana (800) would put paid to that 1700 quite neatly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
        The lack of Super metroid, Paper mario, Donkey kong country, Super mario bros 3, Mario world, any of the zeldas, secret of mana is quite shocking/dissapointing! They're all top notch games worth playing (even if you've played them before) way better than that alex kidd and altered beast nonsense
        Got the Mario's and Zelda's on cart, and totally rinsed DKC back in the day...
        Altered Beast was a load of pap years back & still is... Alex Kidd's hardcore!
        Originally posted by Golgo View Post
        Star Parodier (900), which is a cracking game, and Secret of Mana (800) would put paid to that 1700 quite neatly.
        Had Star Parodier on the PCE previously and loved it, not really into RPG's tbh

Comment

I heavily suggest Secret of mana.
          I'm not into RPG's either
          It's not turn based for a start, tis all real time. has some of the greatest music and still looks lovely today. Really is a great game.

If still no then I suggest super metroid! One of my fave games of all time. Completed it like 3 times within a month of owning it, 100%ing it is really a great feeling, it's just so well made, the controls are perfect, difficulty is about right and the secrets and level design is amazing.

Comment

Hmmm why not get DoReMi Fantasy? It's a great little platformer.

Or you could get LostWinds on WiiWare which is pretty ace, albiet short lived. If you like puzzlers then Toki Tori could be a good choice.

I second the Super Metroid suggestion, you really can't go wrong with that bad boy!

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase View Post
              Hmmm why not get DoReMi Fantasy? It's a great little platformer.

Or you could get LostWinds on WiiWare which is pretty ace, albiet short lived. If you like puzzlers then Toki Tori could be a good choice.

I second the Super Metroid suggestion, you really can't go wrong with that bad boy!
              Toki Tori looked OK but not immediately grabbing? I was intrigued with Space Invaders Get Even any views? Also Gley Lancer, Final Soldier, Lords Of Thunder are titles I have previously owned but cant recall for shizzle how they play

Someone mentioned Paper Mario which I would pick up after I finish Super Paper Mario, just have not dedicated any time to it... But it is lovely.

Comment

Space Invaders Get Even is excellent, but the full game costs 2000 Wii points. The basic pack for 500 points won't get you far, you'll easily end up spending 1500 points if you get on with the game as I did!

Comment

How about Dynamite Headdy on MD? ...a really interesting and bizarre platformer form Treasure.

Or Solomon's Key on NES? ...hard as nails and my personal favourite download...

Comment

I'd second dynamite headdy.

Wonderboy in monsterworld all the freakin way though dude. BEST. GAME. EVER.

Comment

Didnt want to start a whole new thread, I will shortly be joining the world of Wii-ness, and while I have plenty of titles bought to be getting on with, before I ever get onto VC stuff I have a couple of questions.

Are all the games the exact same as they were originally? And thus will probably look ropey on a LCD tv?

Before ever connecting and Downloading any titles, should I put a bigger memory card into the system?

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X