Backing up Wii saves onto SD card...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backing up Wii saves onto SD card...

For no particular reason - apart from fear my Wii would blow up again - I started backing up some Wii and VC games onto my SD card. However only some were deemed transferable. The 'choice' of what can or cannot be backed up seems totally arbitrary - some Nintendo games, not others, some third party games, others not. Can anyone explain this weird - and ultimately, rather trivial - state of affairs, just to satisfy my curiosity?

Basically the only time saves are locked to your machine are ones that use online wifi components but even thats not always the case.

There is a way round it but you need the homebrew channel installing on your wii & a app called Gecko OS, with this app you can reboot your wii with the save file copy protection turned off so you can back up locked saves off your wii. The saves once copied off can be put on another console, however as soon as the game saves back to the file it will re enable the no copy flag again. But you can just repeat the process to back up your saves when you need to so not a problem.

All my valuable locked saves are backed up like smash bros, elebits & animal forest.

Comment

Thanks for info. Importaku - what a faff! Nice one Nintendo!
      Although I don't want to lose my precious saves I think I'll pass...

Comment

Working...
      X